53: 2/3 Days Remaining - Black Heart

_________________________

"Rise and shine!"

I groaned and buried my head on Jay's chest. "You said stage four was at midnight."

"Stage four IS at midnight. But stage three is now." 

I kept my eyes shut and sighed. "Give me five minutes." 

I felt the hook of the chain on my leg unclip. "Alright, five minutes. You better be outside or I'll drag you out of bed. And make sure Jay is up too." Eli steps filled the silence and I sighed. 

As my head lay on Jay's chest I noticed how horribly faint his heart beat was. I lightly shook him and he woke up with a grunt. I smiled and tapped his face. "Wake up."

"I'm tired."

I frowned and stroked his face. There was slight stubble coming from his chin which I found cute. It's scary how fast all of us have grown up. I remember when Jay had braces. I ran my hand through his hair and noticed his blonde roots coming through. 

"I know you are but you have to get up. It's another stage thing."

I helped him stand up on his shaky legs.

"What happened to stage two? I wasn't there to watch." He mumbled.

"Which I'm grateful for." I said. "I'm happy you weren't there."

"That bad huh?" He slung his arm over my shoulders for support as we started walking out of the cave. "Well, I'm here now."

I squeezed his waist and smiled. As we walked out of the cave and into the fresh air I could see the small flakes of snow falling to the ground. I sighed and sat Jay on a rock. "Wait here a moment."

I jogged back into the cave and brought out the blanket. He wrapped it around himself and smiled. "Thank you." 

I helped him up and followed Eli's energy with the amount of power I had. It wasn't hard to find him and Grigori in a small clearing. Grigori was lying in the fresh snow staring up at the sky, while Eli was sitting on a large rock juggling three apples.

We walked into the clearing and Eli shot two apples in my direction. I caught one before it hit Jayden's stomach and the other one that was heading for my face. I handed one to Jay and took a huge bite out of my own. "Thank you," I said sarcastically.

"My pleasure." He said.

I walked Jay to the rock furthest from Eli and helped him sit. I quickly wrapped my arms over the blanket around him and warmed it up for him. He grinned at me and said, "You spoil me."

"Right," Eli interrupted. "This is quick and easy so you can go back to bed when we're done and you can sleep until your almost evil heart is content."

"Whatever; just tell me what it is." I mumbled.

He stepped over to the middle of the clearing and held his arms out. "Hit me." 

I raised a brow. "That's it?"

He nodded with a smile and I could feel my power returning. "I want to see how you fight. Just remember there is nothing holding you back."

I scoffed. "Fine. This shouldn't be hard."

Grigori sat up from the snow. "On the contrary, Lon. Eli has been alive since birds grew wings. He's mastered all combat."

"Yes well, I've been alive since the Morning Star was banished from heaven. I was there when the SECOND Book of Enoch was written so I know enough combat to keep me alive."

"Morning Star?" Jay asked.

"Satan. He liked to be referred to as 'Lucifer', Morning Star." Grigori said.

"Learn something new everyday." Jay mumbled.

"The first was more important." Eli muttered.

"Look, this isn't a damn competition, Elijah. And, ah anyway, the Second Book of Enoch is about the Apocalyptic Literature. You know the Apocalypse." I said with a smirk. I loved how all of this information comes to me like it's nothing.

"Yeah," He scoffed. "I wonder why you were there."

I started walking toward him. "What are you insinuating?"

"That you're the one that's going to be the end of this world and maybe the universe. Which, of course I'll be ecstatic about but you know."

I was now standing in front of him laughing along with him.

I brought my hand up to his throat and dug my fingers into his skin. I lifted slowly and he started choking. His hands tried clawing my hands off him but I had a hard hold on him. "Oh you're so hilarious."