12: Manipulation

VIOLENCE IS NEVER THE ANSWER FOLKS!

But in Alexis' case, it is

____________________

As soon as it connected with his face, a series of different noises flooded through my ears.

Ones that included:

"Fight!"

"Oh my, God!"

"No way!!"

And, "Alexis!!"

Everyone started crowding around us in a large circle shouting at the top of their lungs.

Tommy started stumbling back but then I pulled my fist with the rash back and smacked it against his jaw.

An unfamiliar cracking noise echoed through the hall.

I glanced at my left hand wondering how the hell I could have punched him so hard. My left hand was my weakest for goodness sake!

Everyone shut up and stared at Tommy as he fell to the ground in a grunting heap.

That so didn't stop me.

I walked around him until I was where I wanted to be. I kicked him in the balls. He yelped and put one hand to his crotch and kept the other on his jaw. I have never been so violent in my entire life.

I kicked him in the stomach.

"Don't you ever,"

Kick.

"Talk,"

Kick.

"To my friends,"

Kick.

"Again!"

I lifted my foot to kick again but a pair of strong hands lifted me up from behind so my feet weren't touching the ground.

I started slashing about. "Let go of me!!"

Whoever it was, carried me away from the crowd, outside, through the art building and into one of the empty classrooms.

He dropped me and shut the door locking it in the process.

I turned toward him and almost groaned in frustration.

"Have you lost your damn mind?" Gabriel whisper yelled at me.

Had I lost my mind?

It sort of felt like it.

It felt liberating hitting Tommy like that.

I was hyperventilating, my hands were shaking, and my jaw was clenched. What else? I ignored him and tried to walk to the door but he grabbed my upper arms. I shook him off and took a step back.

For some reason, I really didn't care if I ripped Gabriel's head off. But another side of me didn't exactly want that. I tried hanging on to that side.

"If you were caught by a teacher you could have been expelled!" He stepped forward but I went back.

"Just stay away from me right now Gabriel." I said to him gravely.

He took another step forward but I countered his steps.

"What's wrong with you? I've never seen you act like that before." His foot moved but I stepped back.

"Gabriel, stop it."

He raised a brow and took the biggest lunge towards me. He grabbed me and startled me by putting a hand on my forehead.