45: Mysteries and All Other Things

____________________________

"Are you going to do something?" Mary muttered to me.

I tied my hair back and sighed. "What is it with men and fighting?"

She shrugged and continued to watch the scene. "I'm not entirely sure. Too much testosterone maybe?"

"Probably..." I tightened the bun.

"Breaking it up?" She asked.

I nodded and said, "Yep," as I walked down the staircase. No one noticed me until I pushed my brother and father out of the way to pull Theo off. 

Theo looked down at me as I pushed him away. He stumbled back and almost fell but Anthony stopped him. 

"What is your problem?" I scoffed at him. "What was the need to come over here and attack him? Have you lost your damn mind?!"

"No," He answered. "I came for you. I drove here myself but everyone followed me. Why are you staying here, Edge? You--"

"You don't have a say in where I stay. One, you do not own me and two; you do not even live in this state! What gives you the right to say where I get to go? The only reason you don't like Gabriel is because of that story you heard. Get over it." I snapped.

Now that I knew the story was true, because well, I was that angel, I couldn't really convince him that it was all a legend and my great-great-great grandfather was nuts. It wouldn't work.

His eyes narrowed. 

Mary walked downstairs and stood next to me. "I think it'd be best if you left. It's disrespectful to come in ones house and start a fight. Outside the house... Maybe, but not inside. Alex? Is outside okay?"

"No," I disagreed. "Not at all. Theo leave. I'll deal with you tomorrow. I can't do it right now. I'm... Drained."

Aunt Sheryl grabbed his ear and pulled him out the house. Not without apologizing to Gabriel and his parents first. Anthony and Eliza walked out and my parents apologized and gave me a hug before they left. 

"Well," Mary said as she turned to me. "That went well."

I sighed and felt like collapsing but Mary grabbed my arm and sat me down. My back ached slightly but I kept silent.

Gabriel stepped forward from the wall. He pulled his tie from his neck and said, "What story?"

"The one where Princess's great-great-great grandfather saw a black haired grey eyed woman in a burnt down library. Ever since her grandfather told him that story he's always been wary of our..." she pointed at her hair and eye color. "Type."

"How'd you know that?" I asked.

"Not hard to guess." She shrugged.

Gabriel scowled. "Childish."

Joe and Elizabeth walked in. "Alexis, we have some questions about Sunday if you don't mind us asking?" 

I sighed and shook my head. "Ask away."

"What happened?" They both said at the same time.

Now that I was stronger I could show them all that happened. I was still slightly weak from the whole day but I worked hard. I wasn't entirely used to it but I shut my eyes and concentrated on only them. I stretched my mind and let them inside the tight bubble I created. Tristan and Elizabeth gasped at what I showed them. I showed them everything right down to when I got to the hospital. 

"Your Gym teacher is the follower?" Tristan confirmed. 

I nodded. When I watched the memory over, I remembered what he said about my friends. I remembered he said that I'd see more of them die unless I finally gave up and went to him and the Demon... Maybe that's the best thing to do... Go to him to save everyone...

"I could check out the school tomorrow," Maryanne said. "See if I can find him."

"I'll come." Tristan said.

I turned to Gabriel and noticed him staring at me. 

Oh crap, he'd heard me.

I stood up. "I think I might go to bed."

"Not yet," Tristan said. "His names Reece, right?" I nodded. "Does he have any fake relatives or anything?" 

I thought about it and frowned. "I don't remember..."

Joseph paced. "I've never seen this man before... Or heard of him. I didn't even see him coming."

Now that was worrying. I wasn't the only one who found that worrying. Elizabeth looked like she was about to put her head through a wall, Tristan looked shocked and for once, Maryanne even looked shocked. Gabriel, however, was still staring at me.

"We'll find who did this is, don't worry." Joe said to me.