☁ Chapter 27 ☁

Underground,
Kai's office,
Midnight...

Third Person's POV

Hari picked up a photo frame sitting on top of Kai's table. Kai ignored his action, focusing on his work though his mind was wandering somewhere else.

The picture was displaying three kids; two boys and a little girl. They were Kai, Hari and Izuku. It was a picture taken on Izuku's seventh birthday. Izuku and Hari were both grinning widely, while Kai only tugged a small smile.

Little Hari was carrying Izuku in his arms. The little girl was smiling from ear-to-ear at him, while her small arms wrapped around his shoulders. Kai was standing next to them in a very well-mannered position.

Hari frowned upon seeing the picture. The event occuring earlier flashed before his dark eyes. The disappointment, the devastation, the tears, the anger...coming from Izuku. It pained his heart to see those negative expression coming from the girl he loved.

"You are all liars!"

Izuku's angry voice echoed in the arrow-headed man's mind. He clenched his jaw in frustration. "Hey, Kai.... You aren't going to talk to Izuku... About this matter?" He spoke up, halting his boss' work. The usage of his first name caught Kai's attention too. It was rare for Hari to call him that.... Except for some special occasions.

The brunette stared at his paperwork in heavy silence. He let out a sigh of defeat. "I will do that once I'm done with my work." He flatly responded, though deep inside he was frustrated. The yakuza leader was trying his hardest to hide his feelings and emotions from his subordinates.

Hearing his response, Hari removed his plague mask. "You can't procrastinate... It will only worsen the situation..." He aired out his worry, afraid Izuku was serious about haring them with all her heart. God, he couldn't imagine that happening. It was too painful for his heart to bear if the girl.... Who he had loved for eternity.... Hated him.

Kai started to unclip his plague mask too and placed it down on his table. He looked up to Hari with his lidded dark golden eyes. "I didn't hear anything from Rappa... So she is probably asleep. Rappa said it himself... It is a bad decision to visit her while she is still unconscious. If she sees us the moment she wakes up." Kai stated calmly.

"But..."

"End of discussion. I don't want to talk about this anymore." Kai began to grow more irritated at every second passed. Hari resulted to silence, not saying anything anymore. He looked away from his childhood friend, quietly leaving the office... To clear his mind.

•••••

Meanwhile,
Living area...

"....."

Everyone was dead silence. No one dared to talk after what had happened. The atmosphere was quite tensed, with everyone staying quiet, their minds kept thinking of Rappa's and Izuku's words.

Spoke of the devil, Rappa suddenly walked into the living area. Toya immediately stood up from the chair he was sitting on. "Rappa, how is—"

"It's useless. She didn't want to see you... Or anyone." The large man cut off his sentence almost quickly, shocking everyone. From the tone of his husky voice, Tengai could tell he was in bad mood. Well, he was the ex-fighter's babysitter after all.

Decided to approach him, the monk walked over to Rappa. He opened an eye, scanning his expression through the exposed portion of his mask. "... Something happen between you and Young Lady Izuku?" He asked with calm demeanor.