☁ Chapter 18 ☁

Izuku's room,
Morning...

Third Person's POV

Izuku heaved a deep sigh of exhaustion, tired after running all the way back to her room. She sat down on a chair and looked up to the brown ceiling.

'I can't keep up like this. I need to do something to clear my mind. Oh yeah!' A great idea popped up in her mind. This made her smiled in happiness before she stood up at the speed of lightning.

"I want to see Grandpa!" Izuku announced cheerfully and ran out of her bedroom, heading toward her flower garden. She plucked some of the beautifully blooming flowers, and gathered them in one bouquet. Walking back to her room, she pulled out a ribbon from her drawer and tied the flowers together.

Izuku began to make her way toward her grandfather's room, a small smile plastered on her face. 'Chrysanthemum... It means "Get well". I usually deliver this flower to him, so he could get better faster.' She hugged the bouquet lovingly.

A few moments later, the young lady arrived at the room. Slowly, she slid open the door. There, she saw her grandfather laying motionlessly in his bed, with life supporter attaching to him. This sight always pang her heart with sadness, but she tried to bear the heavy feelings in her chest.... For Pops' sake.

"Good morning, Grandpa. It has been a while, right?" Izuku started talking to unconscious Pops. Despite acknowledging the fact he was unconscious, she still talked to him, confessing her problems that she couldn't share with anyone else; including Kai and Hari.

Izuku took out the withered chrysanthemum from the vase and replaced it with the freshly blooming ones. She sat on the brown chair facing the old man, studying his figure.

"There are a lot of things I wanted to tell you so I don't know where to start. But more importantly is.... I no longer feel lonely, Grandpa. I have bodyguards who stay by my side all the time. Not only that, they also treat me nicely and play with me. It was really fun! And then,Kai and Hari.... Those two have changed now. I was... I was glad!" Izuku intertwined her fingers, her eyes close as she recalled the moments she spent with the Right Bullets of Hassai group.

Suddenly, her expression changed when a rush of realization hit her. "You know what, Grandpa... Lately too, I have been experiencing a foreign feeling. I made research online and turned out, I-I was in love...with someone..." She hid her reddened face in her palms out of embarrassment.

"But, you don't have to worry about me. I will definitely solve this problem by myself, Grandpa..." Izuku placed her palm on Pops' cold hand, smiling softly at her guardian.

Out of the blue, Pops' index finger moved slightly. This caused Izuku's heart to jump in surprise. She backed down from the bed a little farther, staring at him in disbelief.

'Granpa...is reacting!' She thought, amazement evident in her irises.

"I need to tell Kai now-" Unfortunately, Izuku lost balance of herself without her realizing. Before she could comprehend the situation, her consciousness was consumed by darkness.

'...Huh...? Why everything... Seems dark...?'

•••••

Several hours later,
Nighttime,
Izuku's room...

Izuku's POV

So warm... Whose hand is this...? It is so warm...and comforting....

"...not fever or flu. Just like before, she passed out all of a sudden, without warning." Hari's voice spoke up,causing me to open my eyes. On my right side, sat Hari who wasn't wearing his mask. "Hari...?" I turned to my left side and saw Kai there. He still had his black surgery mask on his face.