☁ Chapter 10 ☁

Shie Hassaikai's base,
Izuku's room...

Hari's POV

....Her embrace... Is so warm...

It has been so long since I hug Izuku... If I remember correctly, the last time we hug like this... Was long time ago...

Before I decided to keep a distance between us.

Izuku had always been a cheerful girl. Her presence tended to make people – including me – around smiled and happy. That was a charming, amazing trait of hers that everyone loved.

...yes. Love.

The one word I tried to erase from my life. The one feeling I wanted to forget so badly.

Because I knew I have no chance to win her heart.

Izuku tightened her arms around my torso. I gritted my teeth I'm frustration has hugged her tighter too, not wanting to let her go. I wanted to stay like this longer— in fact, forever.

My conversation with Overhaul from long time ago echoed in my mind.. The very conversation that caused me to completely shut Izuku away from my life.

"...How is Izuku doing?" Overhaul spoke up as soon as I arrived in his office to report regarding Izuku's condition. "It is only a normal fever. I already gave her the necessary medication and made her rest in her room." I informed, earning a sigh of satisfaction from my boss.

"Izuku must feel very traumatized after what had happened to her. We need to watch over her and guard her..." Overhaul shook his head in distaste. I nodded my head, agreeing with him.

"However, we are always busy to be able to watch her for 24 hours. What will you do now, Overhaul?" I asked. Deep inside, I was dead worried about her safety too.

"I will think of this matter later. For now, there is something else I want to discuss with you." Overhaul clasped his fingers, his golden eyes stared into mine silently.

"What is it, Overhaul?" I pulled a chair and sat on it facing him.

"I was planning to make Izuku...My bride."

My eyes beneath my mask widened in literal shock, yet I didn't show my expression, to avoid any suspicion from my leader.

"Bride? You mean..."

"Indeed, that is what I mean. I will do that once she reaches the age 18. For now... I'm going to sort things out between us and make her feel comfortable with me."

"For what purpose, if I may ask?" I wasn't satisfied with his unexpected idea. Why so sudden? Before, he never cared to be in relationship, since he was too focused on his own goal.

Overhaul didn't answer my question. He silently spaced out, as if he was lost in his own world.

I didn't bother to ask further anymore. My heart was slowly breaking apart...
...Because at this moment, I realized I couldn't love her in that way anymore....

•••••

About three weeks later,
In the underground hideout,
Afternoon...

Izuku's POV

FINALLY.

After three weeks of hesitation, I eventually woman up and decided to do it today.