☁ Chapter 26 ☁

Little six year-old Izuku clutched on her grandfather's back, hiding behind him after she saw  two older boys. The two young boys stared at her curiously.

"Who is this girl, Pops?" 10 year-old Hari asked, purely interested to know about the shy girl. Pops smiled at the kids and ruffled Izuku's curly hair.

"This little one here is my granddaughter, Chisaki, Kurono. Her parents... My son and my daughter-in-law passed away in car crash a few days ago..." He paused there before looking at his granddaughter back. She was still clutching on him, lips quivered from nervousness.

"In other words... You are going to take care of her now...?" Kai started. Pops nodded his head in agreement.

"Come on, Izuku. Don't be shy. Say hi to Kai and Hari." The middle-aged man gently pushed her forward. Izuku started bursting into tears when he did that. "Waahhh!!!!" Her cries echoed in the entire hallway.

"Granpa!" Izuku hugged his leg immediately, feeling scared to face the two new kids she met. Pops sighed in defeat. He ruffled her hair in pity.

"I hope you don't feel offended with her behavior. She has gone through too many hardship..." Pops apologized. Hari stared at her sympathetically, while Kai resulted to silence.

•••••

Izuku was sitting in the living room, quietly staring at her All Might plush, the one her father gave to her as birthday present. She hugged the plush close to her chest, tears rolling down her chubby cheeks.

"M-Mommy... Daddy..." She sobbed in misery, missing her deceased parents.

All of a sudden, someone wiped off the crystal liquid trickling down her face. The warmth of this person's hand shocked Izuku. She looked up to the said person. Hari was standing before her, a smile decorating his face.

"It must be painful... To get through this hardship by yourself... But, everything is fine now." Hari tried to give her words of encouragement.

The arrow-headed boy sat in front of her and brushed off the tears. "Pops is here for you. He will surely take good care of you, Izuku." He grinned from ear-to-ear.

"And you know what? When you join Shie Hassaikai, we are one big family. Pops, Kai, you, me and the others are all family here. So don't feel scared to talk to us." Hari ruffled her hair lovingly, closing his eyes in joy while grinning widely at her.

"Hari... Izuku... Are family?" Izuku tilted her head in confusion. "Yeah!" He earnestly answered.

Izuku's eyes sparkled with realization. Her emerald irises glimmered brightly. A small smile slowly laced her cute face, her tears had stopped flowing down.

Seeing her reaction, Hari mentally sighed in relief. He was glad the girl had stopped crying. Gently, he picked her up. Izuku squeaked in surprise.

"Yosh, now why don't we go out for a little walk? Or you wanna go to the park?" He asked her in friendly tone.She shyly nodded her head in happiness. "I want to go to park!"

•••••

It was nighttime, and everyone just finished eating their dinner. Kai was in the library, reading a book. Izuku was peeking at him from the door, eyes sparkes with interest.