☁ Chapter 16 ☁

Later that night,
Shie Hassaikai hideout..

Izuku's POV

I looked around the empty lawn before a smile spread across my face. No one was here meant the line was cleared!

Yes! I can sneak out again tonight! Woohoo!

Note : Lately, Izuku had been sneaking out of the base at night to seek peacefulness and wanted to be alone for a while. No one had ever caught her before.

I walked out of the building, tiptoeing my way toward the entrance of the base. But my track came to a halt when I felt a presence of another person. I gulped down my saliva and turned to my behind. There stood Tabe-san, staring at me curiously.

Oh no, I'm caught!

"Ta-Tabe-san, can you pretend like you never saw me—?" I clapped both my hands, begging for his mercy. Tabe-san tilted his head again, his wide eyes studying my figure.

I have no choice. I need to use my trump card.

Sighing deeply, I pulled out something from my pocket. It was a limited-edition chocolate I bought when I snuck out before.

As expected, Tabe-san began drooling upon seeing the chocolate. I waved the chocolate bar in front of his face. "Hey, if you promise not to tell anyone about me... This chocolate will be yours!" I exclaimed earnestly, earning a nod from him.

I threw the chocolate in the air, and Tabe-san jumped high. In one gulp, he ate the entire chocolates. I clapped my hands in amazement, amused to see his awesome performance.

His Quirk... Is very unique!

"Well then, I'm going out now! I will get more chocolates for you later, okay!" I waved a goodbye at him before leaving the property in delight.

Finally, I can be alone again!

But I was so wrong.

•••••

At a playground...

Third Person's POV

Izuku wandered around the kids playground in happiness, feeling extremely pleased to be by herself, at last. This whole day was quite stressful for her, since she had to face her bodyguards and her guardians. Even though he told them to leave her alone, they stayed stubborn and guarded her, under Kai's order.

The happy female teenager sat down in a swing, before it started swaying gently. All her memories with the Shie Hassaikai members overran her mind. The happy moments, the fun time the spent together... All of them flashed before her eyes.

'Is this...really the right thing to do? When I think about this over again, I feel like I'm hurting them... By distancing myself from everyone. I don't like this... I want everything to go back to normal.' She gripped the chain of the swing firmly, regretting her choice this entire time.

'I'm now certain that I'm in love...but I don't know who I truly fall for. Kai, Hari, Setsuno-san, Nemoto-san... These four men make me feel....that way. So it's confusing me.' She squeezed her eyes tight in frustration.

Faint footsteps alerted the young girl. Her eyes shot wide open upon hearing that noise. She lifted her head up, worry clouding her face.

Surprisingly, a man she recognized stood in front of her. He wasn't wearing his beloved bawler hat and plague mask, exposing his face to her. Clean, neat white button-up shirt hugged his built-up upper body. He also wore a pair of black trousers. Faint blushes tinted on her freckled-feature.

"Ne... Nemoto-san...?"

The teenage girl gasped in total astonishment. Realizing that she was caught, she was ready to run away from the bespectacled-man.

Her feet slowly backed away in cautious. Shin, noticing this, stepped forward quickly.

Izuku started to sprint away from the park, but Shin was faster. He caught her in the perfect timing by grasping her forearm, not lettint her go.

"Young Lady, please don't run away. There will be more troubles if you are to lose in the dark. " The blonde-haired man demanded calmly. She turned back facing him, distrust evident in her gaze.

"....I won't tell Young Master about you...I swear." Shin tried to convince his young lady, attempting to win her trust. Sighing in defeat, she nodded her head. He let go of her arm.

"Why don't we have a little talk here? We can sit on the bench... If only you want." The yakuza suggested sincerely. The said girl stared at his face long, studying his expression carefully.

Both of them walked over to the wooden bench and sat on it. "So, may I hear out your reason for your daily break-out, Young Lady?" He voiced out the question that had been spiraling his mind.

Izuku crumpled her light green skirt, clenching her jaw frustratedly. "I-I... I just wanted to...calm myself..." She started hesitantly.

"Lately, I noticed something changed within me... Like, I felt a foreign feeling... That I had never ever felt before. It was really complicated and weird. I didn't know how to deal with it... So that was why, I wanted to be alone. I want to search myself within me. I wanted to understand this feeling more."

"But, the more I wanted to understand this feeling, the more complicated it became. I don't know what to do anymore... So seeking peace by being alone is the only way to calm myself."

Tears began welling up in her eyes. She felt extremely bad to tell him this. She felt upset for ignoring him - and the others - because of her own selfishness.

Shin narrowed his eyes at Izuku. He activated his Confession, his baby blue eyes glowed turquoise as he asked a question;

"What is that feeling bothering you, Young Lady?"

"... I don't know."

Her answer caught him off guard. His eyes stopped glowing turquoise, even though he hadn't deactivates his Quirk yet.

"I wanted to understand this feeling... So that I won't lose the people I love... Becade I'm scared. I'm scared that if I make the decision, I will lose then other people who are important to me... W-what should I do, Nemoto-san?" Izuku looked up to him with teary eyes.

Shin stared at her sad face in guilt. He cupped her cheek and brushed off the tears gently. "If I become you, I will follow what my heart said. Because our hearts know better about life's choice than ourselves. So don't hesitate to do that. Follow the voice of your heart, Young Lady. But you still need to prepare yourself for the consequence of your choice." He advised with his gentle voice.

Tears leaked out more and more from her eyes. She surged forward and wrapped her arms around his torso. "T- thank you, Nemoto-san... Thank you..." She sobbed, clutching on the back of his white shirt.

His eyes were wide with surprise. Nonetheless, he returned the hug, despite his dislikeness in making physical contact with other human being. But Izuku... Was an exception, so he didn't mind hugging her back.

'As I thought, Young Lady... Is so warm and comforting.'