☁ Chapter 24 ☁

Next day,
Evening,
Izuku's room...

Izuku's POV

I was laying on the couch in my room while hugging my Mimic plushie that Hari gave to me before, since I asked for one. My emerald green eyes were lidded, exhaustion was obviously written on my face. I stared at the ceilings silently. My eyebrows were furrowing in uncertainty.

Kai, Hari, Setsuno-san, Nemoto-san...

These four men... Confessed to me how they felt..

But in the end, I can't decide who is my real soulmate...should I ask Sabito-san about this?

Nah, I don't want to bother him with my problems anymore.

I sat up myself in the couch. I looked down to the ground and clenched my palm into iron fist. "Whatever! I will think about it later!" I told myself angrily, frustrated with all the thinking. I hopped off the couch before putting down my Mimic plushie on my study table.

I put on my casual outfit (the one I drew), decided to leave the room to forget about all my problems. I had made a decision to meet Rappa-san..

... Because whenever I was with him, he made me forgot all my problems with his dangerous jokes and his sometimes childish attitude. Rappa-san was like my best friend here.

I exited my bedroom, walking through this endless hallway and then made a turn. I saw the wooden plate where the buttons to open the secret passage were.

I held down the wooden boards in order. After finishing, the door leading to the underground base opened.

I wonder how Grandpar and Kai afforded to build this...

I walked into the underground. Automatically, the door behind me closed. I looked around this white hallway in perplexity. Something was off.

Huh? Has the path changed? Or it is my imagination only?

If I remembered correctly, there were three paths here. But there were only two paths today.

Maybe my brain is playing tricks with me.

Eh, whatever. I should take the right path then.

I chose the right path and continued making my way toward the living area. My mind was wandering somewhere else, that I wasn't by focusing on where I was going.

Hm... I'm pretty much sure there are three paths. Then why there are only two today?

Looking at Kai's Quirk, Overhaul, it isn't impossible for him to change the whole base with his Quirk. But isn't it too big of a scale?

All Quirks have their own side effect if they are used over the limits of the users.

... I don't think Kai is able to reassemble the whole base on his own.

I blindly made some turns when I stumbled upon more than one paths to choose. And I realized...

I was lost in the middle of the base!

Oh, great! Great, Izuku Midoriya!

To make matter greater, I didn't bring my phone with me!

That means I can't contact anyone for help...

God, why am I so careless?

Signing in defeat, I observed my surrounding attentively. I didn't recognize this path at all. What should I do now...?