Chapter 1

Lauren POV

I walked into the school with Ally to my left and Normani to my right. I had on my skinny jeans, a black red gray white plaid shirt on, my black red and white Nike's on, and a white and red snapback resting in my long brown hair. I looked at every girl that passed me and winked. Each one of them freaked out when I did. I had that power over them. I knew this was only highschool but this was my kingdom and everyone knew it.

I had the perfect life to a highschool kid. I had parents that where always gone on business trips, a huge house with a pool, a nice car, I am popular, but one thing made that even better. I am a lesbian. Everyone knows it. No one cares and no kids get bullied for it. There are some small bullying but I always put a stop to it when I see it.

I walked to my locker and Ally and Normani went to there's next to me. They where closer to each other then with me. But they where hot, so we where friends. We where all 'normal' girls. I grabbed my stuff and just closed my locker to look at people walk bye. "So what are we going to do this weekend? Lauren another party? Or something simple?" Ally asked after closing her locker. "Well it is Friday. I don't want to throw a party so any other ideas?" I said I didn't really want to do anything this weekend. I just wanted go sleep all weekend. The bell rung and we all walked to our separate classes. They went to there average classes and I went to my honors classes. I may be popular but I won't be stupid.

I walked into the class and took my seat. No one sat on either side of me. I was popular, they where all nerds, it was an obvious thing to do. The seats next to me where the only open ones in the class. The teacher stood up from her desk and clapped her hands. "Okay class we will-" someone knocked on the door and she went to open it. "Hello Mr.McHenry. Is this the new student?" She asked with a smile on her face. "Yes this is Karla Cabello. She will be starting here today. I expect you all to be accepting of her and make her feel welcome." He said in a deep voice. We all just murmured a 'yes sir.' And he left.

I zoned out looking at the girl. She was a little shorter than me it seemed and she had long black hair. She had caramel skin and deep brown eyes you could drown from looking into. Once I looked at her completely I sat up no interested in the new girl. "Lauren!" The teacher said annoyed. "Thank you for coming back to this world. Now will you please raise your hand so Camila can sit next to you.

I raised my hand and smiled slightly at the girl. Once she sat down I leaned over to her. " I thought your name was Karla." I said and into her ear. "If you would of listened you would of heard me say I don't like that name and I go by Camila." She said plainly obviously hiding her nervousness. I sat back on my seat and thought about the girl. I heard me name being called. I looked up to see the teacher saying names in pairs. "Lauren. You will be working with Camila for this." The teacher said and I looked over at the girl and smirked. This will be fun. I said and sat back in my seat.

"Okay class you can start working on your project with your partner." I turned to Camila she looked annoyed. "I was thinking we could do just a simple PowerPoint for the-" I cut her off. "What are we doing?" I said getting lost into her deep drown eyes. "Really? Just whatever. I'll do it and you can put your name on it." She said and turned away from me.

"Hey." I said and turned her back to me. "I'm in this honor's class for a reason. I don't let other people do my work for me. I'm going to do this. I was just in a different place then. So what is the project on?" I said and looked into her eyes that made me go to another world the first time. She looked shocked but took my hand of her shoulder.

"For the project we have to pick 3 books that have completely different meanings and then see how, even though they are made for different reason, they still share the same meaning in some way." She said. God the way she talks and how she pronounces words. Everything about her is- Lauren. Stop you can't fall for her. You have a reputation to keep up. "So what do you think?" She said. I knew she was probably confused because I was just staring at her in awe. "Um its cool. We should come up with 3 books we have both read before so we don't have to read 3 new books." I said and looked from the paper in front of us to her. She was looking at me crazy. "What?" I said and looked at her. "No-nothing." She said and looked from my eyes to the paper.