thirty-nine

Here's the video I talked about in chapter thirty seven. I can't get over it. Skip to 2:35-3:10. Specifically to 2:57.

-----

As they both expected Julia won the race.

So she got free nachos from Dom; an extra large dish so they could eat it together. After that they both got a large burger and some fries. And honestly Julia was full after eating only half of her burger, but it was one of the best burgers she had ever had so she had no trouble finishing it eventually.

Dom couldn't stop talking and asking Julia questions all the time so their conversation would never stop. Julia got to find out so much more about Dom, about his childhood and his friends, and his school days which weren't the best days of his life. The way he opened up about everything caused Julia to have even a bigger soft spot for him.

"I literally just wanted to order another burger," Dom told Julia quietly as the server walked away from their table after telling them they had to leave because the cafe was closing. Dom pouted and looked dramatically sad, causing Julia to chuckle.

They hadn't even noticed they had been sitting in the cafe for over two hours, but now Julia looked around she noticed nearly everyone had left already.

"No way you would've finished that burger after all you've eaten tonight," Julia laughed and she walked over to Dom so he wrapped his arm around her shoulder as they walked to the cash desk to pay real quick.

With every movement Dom made, no matter if it was laying his hand on hers on he table, looking at her, or wrapping his arm around her shoulder, Julia got the same kind of butterflies every time. The best thing of them al was that she knew Dom felt the same: she could see it in the way he looked at her whenever she touched him.

"Bet!" Dom exclaimed as an answer to her statement that he could never finish another burger. He laid some cash on the counter and thanked the server before picking up their skateboards they stored away next to the desk.

"Don't tell me you wanna buy a burger somewhere else right now," Julia said and she opened the door for both of them because Dom had no free hands left. Cold air immediately touched her skin and she moved a little closer to Dom to feel his warmth so she wouldn't freeze.

"Can we please?" Dom begged, looking at her as he pouted again. Julia first wanted to say no, because she really just wanted to go home and cuddle with Dom while watching the movie they had been talking about all night, but she couldn't resist his shining eyes.

Julia sighed and squeezed his cheeks with one hand before kissing his lips, and answered, "I mean if you really want to we could-"

While she was talking to him, Dom turned his head and Julia could immediately see in his eyes that something was wrong. She didn't even finish her sentence and turned her head in the same direction as Dom, feeling her heart pound ten times faster just in a few seconds.

"I should be surprised to see you two here," the person who was the reason for Julia's now racing heart said, "but I'm absolutely fucking not."

"We're going home," Dom told Julia determinedly, ignoring Brendon. He laid down both the skateboards on the floor and moved his arm away from Julia's shoulder so she had room to get on her skateboard.

Julia did put one foot on her skateboard, but she knew that Brendon wasn't going to leave them like that. She had known Brendon for four years now.

And she was right.

"You're a fucking slut Julia."

As Dom had skated away from Brendon only one meter, Julia couldn't help to look up at Brendon instead of following her boyfriend. She opened her mouth to say something back, but Dom was quicker.