forty-three

"She texted me again."

Julia giggled and rested her head against Dom's back, trying not to fall off the luggage carrier of his bike as she typed a reply to her little sister.

"What did she say?" Dom said, his voice a little faded by the wind. She could hear him smiling as he was talking though.

"I learned another trick. When is Dom coming over again so I can show him?" Julia quoted from her phone screen. She put her phone away and wrapped her arms around Dom's waist again as he cycled to his friend's house where the party was.

"She's so fucking cute," Dom said in awe. "What did you tell her?"

"That you're coming over again soon."

Dom had given Senna the new skateboard and the girl was so happy with it, even though she had admitted she never really skated on the pink one. She had thanked Dom at least ten times and immediately started using it. It was the cutest thing to see, and Dom thought so too.

Julia had chosen Dom's outfit for the night which was ripped jeans, a black shirt with a print and a black jacket. Only because he barely wore jackets around her and she wanted to see him in it. And it looked pretty good.

"I think this is the house," Dom announced as he slowly stopped cycling so Julia wouldn't fall off.

"You think?" Julia grinned.

"I mean yeah. I've only been at his house once."

Julia looked at the big house in front of them. The windows were blinded but when she looked closely she could see some lights shining through them.

"Looks like a party," she nodded and Dom nodded as well in agreement as they both got off the bike and walked over to the house to ring the doorbell.

"Your hair is so neat. I love it like this."

Julia wiped a loose strand of hair out of Dom's face and smiled proudly at the hairstyle that she had created. Dom rolled his eyes and was about to ruffle his hair to make it messy, but Julia was just on time to stop him.

"Don't you dare," she whispered with a fond smile, holding his hand down. "My handsome boy."

Dom scrunched up his nose and leaned in to kiss Julia just when they got interrupted.

"Are we gonna make out here all night or are we gonna go inside?"

They both jumped and let go of each other before Dom pushed Julia forward a little bit to introduce her to apparently the friend who threw the party.

"Benjamin, this is my girlfriend Julia."

Julia shook the tall boy's hand. It was definitely a guy she would've had a crush on when she was sixteen. His hair was perfectly styled backwards and his eyes were dark brown. He was wearing a suit which made him even more attractive.

"Julia," Benjamin repeated Dom, "the girl Dom is totally in love with. He couldn't shut the fuck up about you."

Julia laughed and frowned as she turned to Dom, and she meant she could see him turning red a little bit as he shook his head to deny it.

"I only told him how we met. That's it."

Julia looked back at Benjamin who winked at her and then stepped aside to let them in. He immediately lead them to the kitchen to offer them a drink. Julia had no idea what it was, but it tasted pretty good. And from the first sip she just knew that it had a lot of alcohol in it.

The amount of alcohol helped Julia a lot with talking to all of Dom's friends and having good conversations with them about anything. First she was with Dom all the time, so he could introduce her to everyone, but even when he went to talk with other people, she had a good time with his friends.