Secret Love

Secret Love

            I was staring at the clock, my pencil tapping my desk; this was the last class of the day and I want to get home. A question burned in me, ‘Why do I want to go home?’  There was nothing waiting for me there, my dogs of course, but they don’t love me, all they want was someone to fill up the food and water bowl and take them outside.  My parents are no different, they work and then they come home and sit in front of the TV or the computer and just block out the world, which involves me as well, but I’m used to the solitary life style.  My sister on the other hand, she was the light of my dark home life.  She is very hyper and very annoying there are days I want to wring her neck, but then again there are days I just want to hug her and never let go.  She was always bugging me and which secretly I am grateful for, I am prone to deep depression and will and have hurt myself on purpose.

            “Why are you still here?” my teacher’s voice rang out.

            I snapped out of my thoughts and looked around saw the class empty.  I packed up my books and walked down the stairs toward my teacher to hand in the quiz.  I finished the quiz while she was reading the instruction.  I wouldn’t say I am the genius of my class, but I am smart.

            “Sorry, Mrs. Hernandez, I went to lala land,” I said.

            Mrs. Hernandez is my English teacher and she adores my books and short stories I write, in fact anyone who is good she will love it regardless of what genre it is.  I am currently writing boyxboy story and got Mrs. Hernandez addicted to them.

            “No stories today?” she asked.

            “No, sorry,” I said looking down.

            I hate disappointing people.

            “Its alright, just write whenever you can,” she said beaming.

            There was a knock on the door and we both turn to see a boy with beautiful long black hair with blue bangs.  He was cute and sexy; his eyes hold mix emotions that I knew all too well.  I looked up and down his body to see he had a strong build, but wasn’t bulky like a football player.

            “Ah, Kai, glad you made it, I was wondering when you would show, please come in,” Mrs. Hernandez said gesturing him to come in.

            The boy named Kai walked in holding a plastic cover folder.

            “How rude of me, Kai, this is one of my tops students, Alex. Alex this is Kai. He goes to school few counties away, but I met in a bookstore and he was writing.  I was interested in what he was writing and now he is one of my favorite student writers.  He writes boyxboy stories like you.  I believe you have one of his work.”

            “Oh yeah,” I unzipped my backpack and pulled out a purple plastic folder and handed him his story back. “It was very good, I rather enjoyed it myself I hope you add more chapters to it soon.”