CHAPTER EIGHT

BILLIUS pulled her towards the sink and open the tap. Saka nito itinapat ang nabanliang kamay sa umaagos na tubig. She hadn't seen him for days, and now he's here, in her apartment, alone with her.

"I'm fine."

He gave her a short, sharp gaze, not letting go of her hand. She could feel his very warm temperature. Pakiramdam niya ay mas napapaso pa nga siya roon.

"Seriously---"

He growled at her. Natikom niya ang bibig sa gulat at napatitig na lang sa mukha nito. Wala siyang nagawa at hinayaan na lang ito. It's not like, may sapat siyang lakas para mapatigil ito. Hindi rin naman masyadong malala ang natamo niyang paso. Bahagya lamang iyong namumula at medyo mahapdi. Mabuti na nga lamang hindi iyon masyadong nabanlian kung hindi ay malalapnos talaga ang kamay niya dahil bagong pakulo lang ang tubig.

Billius even went as far as applying an ointment on the burn. Tahimik na lamang siyang nanonood. He's fussing over a very simple injury.

Zenaia gaze at his face. It is full of concentration as he gently applied the ointment.

"There. It'll feel better in a few hours," mahinahong sabi nito.

Their eyes met when he looks up at her. Napakurap siya. Nahuli na naman siya nitong nakatitig. She couldn't help it, though, he's too handsome for her own good, and it doesn't help that he is being too gentle on her over a simple burn.

"I-I'll just finish m-making the coffee," sabi niya at akmang tatayo pabalik pero pinigil siya nito na hawak pa rin ang kamay niya.

"I'll do it," he said.

"B-But---"

He was already on his feet and making his way on the counter to finish the coffee that she was making. Pagkatapos ay nagtungo na sila sa tasa. It was so strange to watch him carrying a small tray towards the living room, wearing the white fluffy slippers.

Napalingon siya sa gilid at itinago ang ngiti mula rito. Billius placed the tray on top of the coffee table and sat on the couch. Zenaia sat on the couch opposite from him. She quietly took a sip on her coffee and gaze at him from her thick lashes. There she learned that Billius was staring back.

Tumikhim siya. The atmosphere is getting awkward so she made a sound to break the silence.

"When are you going to tell me the truth?" she finally found the courage to ask.

"What exactly do you want to know about?"

Nag-isip siya nang malalim. There are just too many questions that she wanted to say. Ngunit hindi siya makapili. At hindi rin siya sigurado kung sasagutin nga nito ang mga tanong niya. She stared at him again, her face serious. How she wished that she could make him feel so uneasy just like what he always does to her.

An idea popped into her mind. They should start from where it all began, right?

"Why don't we start from the very beginning?"

"Beginning?"

"Yes."

"Alright."

"What are those creatures that you are fighting against? And why is there such things?"

"I'm not sure as to where it all began, Zenaia."

"Liar," sagot niya habang naniningkit ang mga mata. He knows, he's aware, he just didn't want to tell her. Unang tanong pa lang ay umaatras na ito kaagad. Iniisip tuloy niya kung may balak ba talaga itong sabihin sa kaniy lahat.

He gave her a cold stare but she didn't let it get through her and answered it with her own. After a moment of their staring contest, he finally sighed. Napayuko ito nang isang minuto. Malamang ay nag-iisip mabuti kung ano ang mga dapat sabihin dahil sa curse niya.