CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

NAPATAKIP muli sa mata si Zenaia nang saglit na biglang umihip ang malakas na hangin. Pagkatapos niyon ay nakita niya na pinalilibutan na sila ng limang miyembro ng Seven Deadly Sins. She was very surprised to see them looking livid.

"I was wondering about the sudden appearance of that blinding light and now I know where'd it came from," malamig na sabi ni Veseva sa magkangalit na mga ngipin. Her green eyes are glowing, a sign that she's furious.

Zenaia's heart pounded against her chest. Bigla siyang kinabahan nang sagad pagkakita sa anyo ng mga ito. Wala sa loob na napaatras siya sa gawi ni Billius na siya ring naging alerto habang pinagmamasdan ang mga ito. She could feel how hard his body had become at how tense his muscles are.

Hindi lang iyon. Maging ang apat pang mga miyembro ay ganoon din. Their eyes are also glowing and they are completely surrounding the four of them. Gaston is standing by the entrance of the balcony and clenching his fists, his red eyes almost burning a hole at the back of Sayla's head and Zenaia could see the full length of his fangs.

At the top of the railings right behind the seat that Caleb just vacate to also stand in alert, is where Elkail is standing while clutching his golden bow. Three golden arrows are already placed and grey flames are glowing at the tip.

Veseva and Luthiel are floating outside. Green flames are covering Veseva's hands, ready to strike her target any moment. It was then, the first time Zenaia seeing the Sin of Sloth looking so alert, his body clad in blue armour. His glowing electric blue eyes is causing a shiver of fear down her spine. Hindi lang iyon, a gigantic sword is also floating right beside him, blue flames covering the humungous blade.

Nadako naman ang tingin niya kay Mystic na nakita ang totoong anyo sa unang pagkakataon. The Sin of Lust is also standing on the railings at the opposite side of Elkail's, behind her and Billius. Her purple eyes glowing along with her ivory skin. The woman is almost naked that Zenaia could see her gorgeous form where only a gradient color between white and purple scales are covering the private parts of her body. Pointed spikes made of ice are surrounding her in spiral.

Hindi niya maintindihan kung bakit ganoon na lamang ang galit na nakikita niya sa anyo ng mga ito. They looked like they are ready to attack at any given chance.

"You need to calm down. All of you," mariin na bilin ni Billius sa mga ito. His eyes have turned gold.

"Tell us, Lycan," gigil na sabi ni Elkail. "Why would you fool us about the identity of the real Keeper of the Keys? Do you even know how we felt knowing that we have been played by a mere kid?" Galit na galit na tanong ng elf prince.

"I understand how you might have felt, Elkail, but this is not the time to fight among ourselves. We did this for a reason."

Umalingawngaw ang matinis na tawa ni Mystic mula sa likuran nila. Zenaia flinched. Kinikilabutan siya nang dahil doon.

"For what reason exactly?" tanong nito. "Aren't you planning to get rid of us after using us for your plans?"

"That's not---"

Pinigil ni Billius ang pagsasalita ni Zenaia at hinarap si Mystic. Zenaia clenched her fists. Alam niyang mali ang ginawa nila Billius pero mali rin naman na akusahan ng mga ito na may balak magtraydor sina Billius.

"I know for sure that you are all fully aware about how the Keeper's clan were wiped out the moment you were released." Mahinahong sabi ni Billius, bagay na ikinagulat ni Zenaia.

She glanced at Sayla or Arhane, whoever she truly is.

"Hindi ba't iyan ang dahilan kung bakit madali ninyong natanggap noong una na si Caleb ang bagong Keeper samantalang malabo iyong mangyari lalo na't isa siyang hybrid?" Mystic's eyes narrowed. "Arhane is a descendant of that bloodline. She is the sole survivor of her clan after it was wiped out by the demons. Why do you think we chose to hide her?"