CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

ZENAIA opened her eyes. Nilukob siya ng takot nang makita ang madilim na paligid. Where is she? Tumingin din siya sa mga kamay at nakaramdam ng pagtataka. She's holding some sort of very tiny bag.

"Feruseah."

Gulat na nilingon niya ang nagsalita mula sa likuran niya at nakita ang isang matangkad na babae na may mahabang itim na buhok at tsokolateng mga mata.

"Ano pang hinihintay mo? Tayo na," aya nito. Pagkasabi niyon ay biglang nagbago ang madilim na paligid. Ngayon ay nasa loob na sila ng isang uri ng department store.

Confused, she followed after the woman. May hawak din itong bag kagaya ng hawak niya.

"Try this pretty dress, miss. It will look perfect on you," said one of the sales lady as she showed Zenaia a cute light blue cocktail dress.

"Oh.. Umm..." she mumbled awkwardly not knowing what to say.

"Yeah, it looks good." Zenaia turned on her right to see another woman with brown curly hair and bright emerald eyes---the same shade as Veseva's. "But it's a little too short for her. Come this way, Feruseah."

The woman held her arm and pulled her to the next aisle. It was full of underwear. Her face suddenly turned red.

"Choose anything you like. Pakibilisan lang para makaalis din tayo kaagad," bilin ng babae sa kaniya. Alerto ito habang lumilingon-lingon sa paligid na tila nagmamatyag.

Zenaia found herself nodding her head at the woman, still feeling embarrassed and picked anything that does not have a lace and looks comfortable to wear. She handed it all to her to pay waited for them at the door.

She's completely clueless. Bakit siya nandito? Ano'ng nangyari sa kaniya? Saka bakit siya tinatawag na Feruseah ng mga babaeng iyon?

Sa sobrang lalim ng iniisip niya ay hindi na niya napansin ang paglapit ng isang lalaki. And when she turn around, she met a pair of silvery grey orbs. Zenaia felt her body froze.

Billius!

The man smiled. "Good evening, my lady," he greeted. His deep baritone voice sounding both surprised and fascinated while looking at her but, managed to cover it all in a friendly tone. Nagtaka siya. Bakit parang kakaiba ang awra nito? May kasama itong isa pang lalaki na siya ring nakilala niya kaagad. Si Cedric!

Zenaia was surprised at herself when she suddenly took a few nervous steps back.

Teka. Bakit siya umaatras? Bakit siya nakakaramdam ng takot kay Billius? Saka, nasaan ba sila? Saka bakit nakapormal na damit ang mga lalaki? Samantalang hindi pa niya ito nakitang nagsuot ng ganito ang mga ito dati?

Zenaia's heart began to pound really fast against her chest that it was making her hard to breathe normally. Her own body immediately acted on impulse. She bowed her head slightly and put her gaze downward.

'Zenaia! Anong ginagawa mo?' sigaw niya sa isip. Bakit tila iba ang kumikilos gamit ang katawan niya?

"Is that all we need?" she heard the woman with a black hair asked her.

Zenaia's heart keeps thundering in her ears as she glance at them slightly. They are walking towards her and they haven't realized what's going on yet.

"Yes. We have all we need," answered the woman with emerald eyes while smiling before looking up at her. Nang makita nito si Billius ay bigla rin itong napatigil sa kinatatayuan. The black-haired woman beside her seem to notice what was going on, too, but keep calm and continued to walk.

"Come, Aya," she said pertaining to Zenaia. "We still have to go to the bookstore." Then, she faked gasp as she pretended to be shocked at the sight of Billius.