CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

ROLAND was still wearing his office uniform, his blonde hair sleek back neatly. He has lean shoulders and a broad torso. He is one of the Mortal Land's leaders and deeply respected by everyone. He was in his early forties but his dark brown eyes are still sharp as ever as those pair met her gaze. Christy who also has a blonde hair but a pair of blue eyes, still wears her learning center uniform. She's pretty with her heart shape face; her nose is straight between high cheek bones. She doesn't cake herself in tons of make-up which made her more beautiful. But that beautiful face recovered quickly from being shocked and was now glaring at her dangerously.

It is only a few moments of utter silence before their face become contorted with anger that Zenaia was more than used to last her a lifetime.

She was also feeling so mad that she hadn't had a time comprehending about something stirring awake from inside of her. With the truth staring her on the face and by the fact that they tried to kill her before. Zenaia always wonder why Christy doesn't like her, now, Zenaia know that it's not just Christy doesn't like her---she hates her, everything about her. And Roland, he had always given her the cold shoulder. He beat her up if she did something he doesn't like or if she commit a mistake even how little it was. He doesn't even allow her to call him 'father' but, sir. Zenaia thought it was normal for him to be that way because Christy is his favorite.

Ngayon ay alam na niya ang buong katotohanan na hindi niya kadugo ang mga ito.

Hindi niya intensyon na ipaalam sa mga ito na nakikinig siya sa usapan ng mga ito. Ngunit hindi niya mapigilan ang sarili lalo na at sobra siyang nasasaktan. It's obvious that they didn't want her to learn about the truth base on their horrified expressions and it made Zenaia angrier inside.

"I wonder why you didn't want to tell me about this. Isn't it better if you just told me that I'm not part of your family so that I wouldn't think much on why you hate me so much?" Zenaia asked in a surprisingly calm voice, "Isn't it true?" she demanded, her voice didn't shake even though her tone was dripping with so much emotion; pain, anger, she wasn't sure anymore.

Roland and Christy began to stalk towards her like a predator, walking so slowly as if she doesn't have the guts to turn around and run away. They are right though, because she really wasn't going to turn tail ever again. They have no right to treat her this way.

Zenaia have realized that what she did sent herself into her own doom, seeing the two fuming with anger and hate, but she stood her ground and faced them bravely.

The two suddenly stopped for a moment and stared at her with frightful eyes. Zenaia seeing this almost forgot her anger and was confused with their actions. When she saw them resuming their advance towards her, fear suddenly rise in her being. Ngunit bago pa man niya maisipang umatras ay malakas na siyang naitulak ni Christy at natumba sa sahig. She wasn't even able to catch her breath when her father grabs a fistful of her hair making her shrieked in pain. Roland pulled her up angrily and made her face him. She feels like her scalp was going to get ripped off from her head.

"Haven't I told you before that eavesdropping is rude? And didn't I also tell you to knock first before you enter a room? You're being more disrespectful as you grow, aren't you?" he stated through gritted teeth. He looked angrier than he had been if that was even possible.

Zenaia couldn't understand. She had also caught the sound of fear in Roland's voice as it shook with anger.

"Well father, now that she knows the truth, I think it's time to put her in her real place." said Christy, forcing a nasty smile.