Say Goodbye

‘Game on’ I said with a smirk making its way on my face. I turned and walked out the door to find Tonks standing there looking worried and panicky.

‘Tonks? What’s the matter?’ I asked

‘I have to tell you something’ she whispered.

She grabbed my wrist and pulled me into my room, shutting the door she said ‘I’m leaving, I can’t stay here anymore. Anyway Dumbledore told me I need to leave now’

‘Oh so they snap their fingers and you go running?’ I said coldly.

‘No it’s not like that- Pandora I have to go, I-we’ll get killed if we stay’ she said growing paler and paler.

I resisted the urge to stop her but she was right she and her baby would get killed ‘Ok go- but I’m coming with you’ I blurted out.

Shit what have I just got myself into?

Tonks eyes widened in surprise ‘wow, I didn’t think you would chose to leave now’ she said sounding shocked.

‘I know about your little plan- you were trying to get me onto Potter’s side. I will but It will take time for me to adjust’ I said.

‘I know, it would for anyone. I just want us all to be safe’ she said.

The something hit me ‘what about Draco?’ I asked franticly.

‘Leave him; go tell him now before it’s too late. I’ll pack your stuff’ she said opening the door for me to leave.

She shut the door as I turned Draco’s door handle. I took a deep breath because this is possibly the hardest thing I will ever have to do.

I took a step in and he was standing there with a smirk on his face ‘back so soon?’ he said chuckling lightly.

‘Draco there’s something I have to tell you’ I said feeling a tear trickle slowly down my cheek. His smirk wiped off his face compleatly and he took a step closer.

‘What’s wrong?’ he asked.

Draco POV

A second tear fell down her cheek.

‘Remember that I love you Draco because this is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do and it’s breaking my heart’ she said weakly.

I had a hunch this was going to hurt me. ‘Don’t tell me you’re about to say what I think you are going to’ I said shaking my head.

She nodded ‘I’m sorry, but I have to keep us safe Draco if there was another way I-‘

‘I’m that other way- I can protect you both. I promise I can. Please don’t go, Pandora please’ I begged feeling my eyes well up with burning tears.

‘Draco, I’m not safe here. Not after what I’ve done- Voldemort could kill me and my baby any second’ she sobbed.

‘Pandora you have me, you don’t honestly think them blood-traitors could protect you do you?’ I asked felling sick.

‘I never said anything about them, but yes they could protect me’ she answered.

I shook my head ‘don’t do this’ I said my voice cracking as I felt a tear stream down my cheek.

She shook her head and touched my cheek ‘I’m sorry’ and pressed her lips against mine softly.  She pulled away. She turned to head for the door but I grabbed her wrist.