1. Marked and Separation

Xavier
The Vampire King
Two Years Ago

This was the first time his beloved would see in him pure vampiric form. He had been careful to ease her into the life that he knew they would share eventually. That choice was taken from them.

What he was not expecting was her reaction.

Her eyes widened but not in fright. The pained expression on her face showed utter relief that he had come for her.

"Beloved," she whimpered, holding her palm out to him. The muscle on his jaw ticked. He could hear her whizzing breaths, making the ringing in his ears worse. The only time he had ever known fear. 

His Mish was sick once more. Her face was pasty and she was shivering in Victor's arms.

"Release her!" Her assailant shuddered at the command in his voice. The traitor would be dead before the sun rises.

"Fuck you, King. You can't do anything to me while she is here." Xavier watched in horror when Victor's fangs graze his Mish's swanlike neck, his venom dripping from it. Lethal and deadly.

"Give her to me. I will let you go. Just..just release her." Oliver waited outside. This fucker would not go far.

"Desperate are we? Have you tasted a virgin's blood before? It tastes like the most expensive wine in the world. Sweet and heady. The purest of all." He opened his mouth wider and sank his teeth into her shoulders. Mish's frail body convulsed from the force mark.

"No!" With his vampire speed, he reached them before the bastard drew blood. Victor pushed his beloved's body to him and escaped in a flash.

"Mish, baby?" The scuffles outside the door registered. His men have the fucker.

"Xavier," Her voice was so weak. It was killing him. The venom from Victor's bite had an immediate effect.

He shrugged out of his coat to cover her shivering, thinly cloth body. Goddess. She was cold. Barely breathing from her wheezes.

"You will know what to do, Vampire King," Xavier glanced at Esmeralda's glowing silhouette at the doorway. "Only your mark and blood can save her now."

His precious beloved lay weightless in his arms, the bite on her shoulders was turning blue from the venom. That was Victor's ultimate goal. To kill his soulmate. Knowing it would kill him, too.

He had no time to spare. With sharply pointed canines, he bit his lips until he drew blood. He leaned down to kiss her softly until drops of blood filled her mouth.

Two fingers pressed her nose, urging her to swallow. She did while she choked at the foreign taste. His blood would help her heal.

"Mark her, Vampire King." The white witch instructed.

"You know what will happen if I mark her, I won't be able to control myself from consummating our bond." His decision was clouded at the moment. He thanked the priestess for her guidance.

"Then she will die. There is a solution. Mark her and disappear. Stay as far away as possible. Hibernate. Come back to your queen when it's time." Could he bear the pain from their forced separation? Did he have a choice?