30. Games We Ought To Play

Mish
One Week Later

"What do you mean they're gone?" The day their Aunt was supposed to leave for Ireland, they found her distraught in her stepdaughters' suite of rooms, every nook in disarray as if a tornado had passed through it.

This was a sick joke. Another trick to fool them. With different groups of men, coming in and out of the trio's quarters, they must have gone off with their odd lovers.

She would like to say good riddance but her compassion won.

Delia was crying in Anna's arms after she delivered the news. Philip looked pale and withdrawn. Alexander and Xavier spoke to him in quiet tones, calmly asking questions and assessing the situation.

"How long have you noticed they're missing, Del?" The Lycan Queen wanted an investigation of their own, her expressive brows furrowed, puzzled at the turn of events. Everyone was aware of how promiscuous their cousins were. The hotel staff had been complaining about their orgies. Anna was the only reason they were not kicked out since the first night they checked in.

"I...just this morning." The older woman hung her head in shame. "We usually refrain from checking on them. My husband leaves his daughters to their own devices. Especially if our whole family was on vacation. He let them explore unbothered." Her tone informed them she did not approve.

"Understandable. They are adults. But what made you think they were taken?" Mish asked skeptically.

Delia's lips quivered and she paled. "All their things and valuables are accounted for. Left untouched in their rooms. The management didn't notice them returning since last week. Had just informed us today. At first, we thought nothing of it...but Philip was sure they were gone. Kidnapped. There was a ransom note of sorts."

Of sorts? If she found out they were only playing games, or somewhere out there in a freaking orgy, fucking their brains out, she would personally hang them by their hair extensions.

Goddess. When had she become so vicious?

"Can I see it?" Mish asked softly, mindful of her Aunt's state.

Delia grew paler, her troubled gaze went to their uncle. "I think Philip gave it to Alexander's secretary." To Michael. Good. The Royal Beta was very efficient at handling these types of situations.

"We will find them. Here, drink some water." Anna nodded approvingly. Delia did as told and took a seat.  Obviously still shaken. "Excuse me. I will talk to my ma...husband." Thank Goddess, her sister caught herself.

Anna pouted at the realization and hurriedly joined her king to have a private conversation while their warriors searched the immediate premises. Some of the soldiers were already spread out in downtown New York to catch the triplet's scents.

If this was not a prank, Mish was confident her cousins would be found.

In their ancient tongue, like the softest whisper in the wind, Xavier beckoned her to him. Despite the situation, she blushed to the roots of her hair, remembering their amorous activities these past few days, only separating when Alexander called them.

Her beloved's red lips lifted in a panty-dropping smirk, aware of her thoughts.

Mish's hand went instinctively to her belly. No one had noticed yet. The Vampire King's smile broadened, icy blue eyes heated, if that was possible, proud of their accomplishment. Just a tiny weeny hope but it was there. Something to cling to. They would certainly know in a few days.

Anna would surely pounce on her and everyone else in celebration as soon as her scent became more pronounced.

"I need to speak to you now, moya lyubimyy." His deep rumble made her shiver. Noticing her sensitivity, he pulled her closer until her breasts flattened on his unyielding front, his arm surrounding her tiny waist.