37. Mingling

Xavier

The Vampire King and his thoroughly marked queen stayed inside their apartments for three days before joining their family for a very crucial discussion.

Though they spent the time in each other's embrace, he still couldn't get enough of her. He had to keep his hands on her body at all times to reassure himself she was safe in his arms. Sometimes his touch bordered on desperation.

Understanding his actions, Mish let him smother her with love without objections. She knew he had yet to come to terms with him almost losing her. It was not easy to move forward from that experience.

When they entered his study by mid-morning, his fellow kings and their mates were in the same predicament.

Attached to them, their respective ladies sat securely on their laps, powerful arms caging them.

Rie rolled her eyes at her sisters but she borrowed deeper into her dragon, sighing contentedly.

"I take it everyone is well rested?" Esme asked with a grin on her lips, satisfied with the current outcome.

"Define rest?" Alexandria asked cheekily. The ladies giggled, deeply blushing, tainting their cheeks with shades of warm pink.

Suddenly shy, Mish squirmed on him. He pulled her down more firmly. "Stop it, beloved." He grunted on her ear.

Three days of almost nonstop fucking and he was still responding to her ass like he had not gotten any for decades. His queen was doing wonders to his libido.

She stopped breathing, felt his growing erection beneath her and she wanted to devour him right now. "Breath, moya lyubumyy. We will continue this later."

"Promise?" She pouted at him.

"Yes. I will fuck you thoroughly later while you feed on me." He swore. Wanting to give her anything her heart desired. Good thing they were speaking in their language but Oliver and Sofia could understand them. Both snorted knowingly.

"Okay, enough of that." Esme began again. "There are concerns we need to handle swiftly. The Council will convene tomorrow and they will need a complete report."

The Demon King watching the exchange with a bland expression spoke first. "Lucas and I decided to stop the search for my mate for the moment. We think it is safer to let her be wherever she was hiding." A muscle ticked on his cheek and his eyes darkened. This decision had cost him a lot.

"What about how you feel, Lucifer?" The living goddess, his best friend, asked with concern.

"My feelings are of no consequence. Keeping her safe is more important. And she is safer if none searches for her, creating easy paths for Ulysses and Uzza to follow." His voice became guttural, his glamour waning. The demanding monster of a devil inside him was protesting. Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes to concentrate. "Besides, the Unseelie King might use the same channel. We can't have that. She is much too precious for me to take that risk."

"If that is your decision, brother. We will support you." Lucas murmured heavily. "But as soon as it is safe, you have my approval to bind yourself to my sister when we find her."

"Thank you, Lucas. As soon as it is safe." Lucifer agreed. He gulped his tumbler, filled with potent liquor, and remained quiet for the rest of the evening.

His fellow kings and the ladies felt for him but there was nothing they could do.

The enemies were everywhere, with spies they had yet to pinpoint, waiting for the opportunity to seize the upper hand.