14. Old Fox

Xavier

The faint light of dawn was gracing the horizon, visible from the opened balcony. Faint crisp cold air permeated the room. From memory, his beloved had always preferred the coldness of the fresh morning air. 

He glanced down, his lips lifted in satisfaction. She was blissfully sleeping in his arms. Naked and warm, snuggled tightly on his bare torso. 

Last night was all about Mish. Her introduction to intimacy. Though he was still sporting an erection, his beast purred with satisfaction. Drinking from his mate while she was experiencing orgasms was heady. More than the experience of indulging in the most expensive of wines.

So far, everything that had to supposed to happen was happening. As it should be.

He had no idea how he had exercised utmost control last night, maybe the Goddess had helped him reign in his instincts, or maybe his willpower to protect his beloved, even from himself had won.

Xavier could have taken the experience all the way. They had waited too long and had missed each other too much. The only thing holding him back last night was the nagging feeling that the moment was not right. Plus, once they consummated, she would be turned. The essence of love and the essence of life she will take from him, and he from hers will complete her transformation into his Vampire Queen.

But not until he told her the truth. He had lived too long not to acknowledge she had to be respected in all aspects. 

Mish was his forever. They had all the time in the world.

Sunrise would be upon them soon and it would be his turn to sleep. Before retiring, he had to make sure he prepared everything for his beloved. A sumptuous breakfast and a nice dinner reservation later.

Nodding to himself, he brushed his lips on her forehead and tried to slowly extract himself from her arms. She moaned her protests, her lips pouted. He almost lost his resolve but needs a must. Murmuring assurances he would be back, he kissed her luscious lips gently, nuzzled her mark to soothe her, covering her in silk blankets to escape her tempting form, he got up from their bed, donned his dark blue boxers, and called room service.

The array of the sumptuous breakfast feast laid out on a table, an arrangement of roses in the center at the master suite's balcony made him nod in approval. 

Fresh from the shower, his towel clung to his hips, he entered the room he currently occupied. Dressing silently, he wondered how soon he could tell her. And how soon could he propose?

"Xavier," his beloved's soft voice called. There was a hint of sadness to it and his heart ached.

Using his speed, he was beside her in an instant, his arms enveloping her fragile frame. "I thought you left." She murmured shakily.

"Never. I will stay here in your room if it's okay, my love." He nuzzled her hair.

"Yes, please. Don't leave me." She pleaded.

"I won't. Promise. But I need to feed you first before I go to sleep." She nodded, borrowing deeper on his chest. After a moment, she looked up and pecked his lips. He smiled.

"I'll shower, then we eat. Can I cuddle with you until you sleep?"

"Yes. You don't need my permission. My bed will always be yours. Go on, beloved. I'll wait for you." He patted her bum, making her giggle, and nudged her to the bathroom. Soon, when she was more comfortable, he would bathe her.

Xavier shuddered from his thoughts. Very soon.

They shared the food until the sun had fully risen. Mish got worried and ushered him inside. Though it didn't do much to lessen his strength, it would be wise to take some rest. He had plans for his queen when he woke up.