XXI » secrets

chapter twenty one • secrets

☠ ☠ ☠

My back was pressed against the wall as I watched Calum and Cianna joking together. Today was a good day, I could feel it. I felt weightless. Free of jealousy and worry. I was more than aware that I had a friend who refused to talk to me, and wretched parents that were in the same country as I was. But it didn't bother me, and I was thinking about it.

Michael came and layed his back against the wall next to me. I turned my head to him and grinned, he didn't smile instead he just stared at me.

I ran my hand through my hair, shifting uncomfortably. Michael was still staring at me and I couldn't figure out why. "Calum and Cianna look happy." He finally said.

Their laughter rang through the room, and I couldn't help laugh too, purely because of their laughter.

"They do." I said with a smile, but Michael wasn't smiling. "Does that bother you?"

Michael raised and eyebrow, and continued to scoff obnoxiously. "Obviously." He admitted.

"You don't like seeing your girlfriend happy?"

"Not with Calum." Michael argued, "They have a thing for eachother. I don't know how you're so calm."

I turned so my body was facing Michael. I was determined to stay happy even if it was just for today, and Michael's conspiracy theories weren't going to bother me. "I'm calm because they're friends. I trust Calum, and he says they're just friends. Calum has no interest in her that isn't utterly platonic what-so-ever. I'm good, maybe you should be worried about Cianna, since she was the one who had the major crush on Calum."

I came off a little more rude than I wanted, not that I was planning on seeming rude at all. I just wanted to stop living my life problem after problem after problem. But I guess that's what life is.

Michael crossed his arms on chest, he stood up straight, and defended Cianna. "Cianna?" He said with a chuckle, "I know she still has feelings for Calum, it's obvious. You have more to worry about than I do. You seem to think Calum is some sort of angel sent from heaven. You seem to think he's flawless and can't do any wrong.

Calum's not the saint you think he is."

I stood searching for words, trying to comprehend why Michael was saying that about Calum. For a split second I thought there might just be more to Calum than I thought, more than I knew. But I quickly dismissed the thought, Michael was jelous because of Calum and Cianna being such good friends. All he said was nonsense, out of jelousy. Or so I hoped.

"Today's not really the day for all this, Michael," I rolled my eyes, "Please fuck off."

Michael threw his arms off as if he was rendering his position in our arguement, as if I had won. He backed away slowly, "Just a warning; keep an eye on him."

I ignored him and continued to walk over to Calum. Calum jokingly tried to pull me onto his lap. We all laughed as I pulled a chair up and sat down. "What are you guys talking about?" I asked.

Cianna giggled a bit and turned to look at Ashton. He was standing on the other side of the room talking to Luke. "Did you know Ashton has a crush on somebody?"

"Yeah," I said discreetly looking over at Ashton. "He told me, but he never told me who."

"Who do you think he likes?" Calum asked leaning back, "I think he likes Tris."

"He hasn't even acknoledged her existence though," I argued with a chuckled. "I think Tris likes Ashton."

The teacher had not come today, so we were all divided into our groups of friends talking. Most people had left already. The only people here were James, Tris, and Liz. And of course Ashton, Luke, Calum, Michael, Cianna, and I. Luke ocassionally looked over at me but quickly looked away as our eyes would meet. I was planning on talking to him, if he'd talk to me.

"Look at her," Calum laughed motioning to Tris. She was staring straight at Ashton, smiling to herself. "They'd be cute."

Right then the bell rang and we all continued to our next class.

We were all hanging out at Calum an Ashton's apartment after school. Except Michael be had to retake a test in History class.

About twenty minutes later Michael showed up and sat next to Cianna. I couldn't shake the feeling that maybe Michael wasn't being absolutely insane about the Calum thing. He had known him longer than I had, he had grown up with Calum, maybe he had witnessed something I hadn't, something Calum hadn't told me. The one thing I knew to be true was no matter how much I trusted Calum, there were things I didn't tell him, and there were things he didn't tell me.

But could it really be something something so terrible to change my whole perspective on him? Or something to make Michael think Calum would cheat on me.

"Cal?" I said letting the curiosity get to me. If he was hiding something terrible, I needed to know. "Calum... Are... Are you keeping something from me? Something terrible."

"What?" He asked raising an eyebrow. He untwined his fingers from mine. "Something terrible? What do you mean?"

I contemplated the question, I didn't know what the terrible thing was or could be. I myself wasn't sure what I was asking him. "Like... Have you ever murder someone? Cheated on someone? Severly injured someone? Incest?"

Calum started laughing.

"I'm serious." I said slapping his chest softly. "I don't want to be one of those people who months into a relationship found out their partner is a child molester or serial killer or anything."

"I have not molested children, I am not a serial killer, and I sure as hell have not commited incest. That's disgusting." Calum replied and I felt a little relieved. Even though he could've been lying, I never thought Calum was capable of lying to me.

"Cheated?" I asked.

"You're being delusional." He replied, "Can we just drop the subject?"

And without another word he had left.

☠ ☠ ☠

author's note

IM SO SORRRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN WEEKS I MISSED YOU ALL

COMMENT AND TELL ME HOW YOUR LIVES ARE AW <3

ITS JUST SCHOOL IS SO GAY OMG I BARELY HAVE TIME TO BREATHE BC WORK

ANYWAYS CALUM HAS SOME TERRIBLE DARK SECRET

THIS STORY IS GONNA BE ENDING SOON IDK MAYBE TEN CHAPTERS MORE OR LESS THIS STIRY IS TOO MUCH WORK AND ITS GETTING BORING AND STUPID

IF YOU GUYS ARE STILL READING THIS STORY ILYASM PLS BARE WITH ME <3

-sofi