XVII » broken

chapter seventeen • broken

warning; rip lella

☠ ☠ ☠

"Ella I sent the fucking roses."

My eyes widen as I stopped and turned my body towards him. "You what?" I said as the frustration in my face was evident, "You sent them?"

"No," Michael said backing up, "Well yes... But no. Only like two of them. After you told me about the roses, um and I had that crush on you, I sent a few. But I promise I wasn't the one who started the whole roses shit."

I calmed down a bit as I processed what he had said. "Which did you send?" I asked roughly.

"Uh, I don't know.." He said drifting off, "I don't get why you're mad though.

"Think harder; which did you send?" I asked again.

"Only like two," Michael said, "The one about um 'no more cutting' and the one with mayday parade lyrics about your eyes, yeah."

I nodded as I thought back to the roses. Suddenly, I had a thought, a thought that made me feel like a complete idiot. The roses had different handwriting, I couldn't remember exactly what they were like but I remember some were easier to read than others. "Why'd you send them?"

Michael shrugged leaning against the wall, "First off; I didn't want you to cut. Two; I had a crush on you, it seemed cute..."

"So if you didn't send the rest, who did?" I asked scratching my head. Not fully believing Michael when he send he didn't send them all.

"Calum." Michael said seeming certain.

"No, it's not him."

"How do you know? He's in love with you so, it seems logical." Michael said and shrugged.

"It's not. Just trust me." I said. "Shit, I forgot about Luke." I said rushing to the elevator before Michael could say anything else.

I honestly had no idea how I felt about the roses.

Any other girl would probably be flattered and extremely happy to be recieving the roses, but for some odd reason it bothered me. A reason I couldn't even comprehend, all I knew is that I wanted them to stop.

"Lucas?" I said knocking on his door, which he did not answer. I knocked a couple more times but to no avail, Luke was still lost and I was still worried.

I did the next logical thing, call him. After five rings he answered, "What?

"Lukey, are you okay?" I asked waiting for a response. I waited a while but he remained silent. "Luke?" I asked. But no reply. I checked the call to see if he had hung up, he hadn't. "Lucas Fucking Hemmings say something."

"Can you just not worry about me anymore?" Luke asked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked puzzled, if anyone should be mad it should be me.

"Stop worrying about me, Ella. I don't want you to. I've got to go my own way, and you've got to go yours." Luke said.

"What the fuck are you even talking about? This isn't High School Musical." I retorted roughly, "Where are you?"

"Ella, listen to me, don't come get me, don't try to find me. Stop." Luke said and I stood outside his home in complete confusion. Luke was surely bipolar, one day he was in love with me, the next he wanted me as far away from me as possible.

"Luke, I'm not going to leave you alone, okay? Tell me where you are or I swear to God I will-" I started saying before Luke cut me off.

"You'll what?" Luke asked. "I'm not telling you where I am Ella."