VII » skipping

chapter seven • skipping

WARNING: in the a/n i'll cry bc you guys barely comment, aLso lella anD CALLA WOW

☠ ☠ ☠

I tossed the rose on the couch and continued to get dressed. As I started to put on Calum's sweater, I stopped and took it off. I remembered what happened yesterday. How Calum, insensitively, crashed my date. And, although it didn't mean much to me because I didn't have feelings for Michael as anything more than a best friend, Calum didn't know that. He didn't know if I had this major crush on Michael, and he ruined our date, evidently, he didn't care either. If what Ashton said was true, Calum did have feelings for me (which I doubt), it still doesn't excuse him for acting as he did. It also bugged me because it was easy to tell this date meant a lot to Michael. And even if I didn't feel for him in the same way he felt for me, I would've liked for him to be happy.

I've never been one to hurt people, I've always been the one getting hurt. I've never like to see other people angry or hurt, even my worst enemies. And yesterday Michael was both. And Calum was the only one to blame.

As I walked out of my apartment, I realised that I couldn't ride with Calum. If I was mad at him, it wouldn't be okay to ask him for a ride.

I sighed softly and headed downstairs to find a cab. At the bottom of the stairs, I found Luke checking his mailbox. "Hey," I said smiling softly.

"Hi," He said attempting to rub the sleep eyes. It was obvious he was tired, and I knew he wasn't a morning person. I learned that the hard way. "What are you doing?"

"I'm tired," I sighed as Luke vigorously agreed. "Can we just not go to Uni. today?" I proposed, earning a laugh from Luke.

"We shouldn't. Well, we should because we have an Art test first period. But, after that, we can ditch..?" Luke said raising an eyebrow. "I mean, why not?"

"Luke, I was joking!" I protested, but secretly contemplated skipping school. It was something I hadn't done before, and something I couldn't start doing now. I mean, I'm not in eighth grade right?

"Come on, Ella! It will be fun I promise. I can't skip alone, that'd be boring. Be, they don't even care if we skip, the professor's don't care what we do." Luke pointed out which was a convincing arguement. University was different, professor's didn't care if you didn't turn in your projects, or didn't do your homework. It's not their grade it's affecting, or as they would say. If we skipped, they wouldn't care, they'd probably call us delinquents, but that's it. Skipping suddenly felt like the best idea I'd ever heard.

"Okay," I said and I couldn't help out a mischievous smile, which soon appeared on Luke's face aswell. "But... After music class, I like that class. Also what are we gonna do?"

"Me too." Luke agreed with a nod. "So, after that, we just leave. Just like that. We can do anything we want to. We could go anywhere." Luke said, and suddenly I vigorously looked foward to this.

Suddenly, the elevator beeped and out walked Calum with car keys in one had and his phone in the other. He looked up at me, and shot me a sad smile. Which I did not return. Faster than possible, Calum's smile turned into his frown as he looked down at the floor. His eyes were red, and he had dark bags under them as if he hadn't slept in weeks. His hair was messy, and his clothes wasn't neat as usual. Was he hungover?

He kept staring at me, as if he was waiting for me to do something.

Luke stared between us and raised an eyebrow. Once he realise how uncomfortable we both were, he took action. "Uh, we should all get to school." He said, and I praised him this. If it wasn't for him Calum and I would've probably stood there staring at each other awkwardly for the next seventy-three years.