Miguel

Miguel looked at me with a polite smile that looked like he didn't know whether to laugh or take me seriously.

I continued staring at him. I don't even know why. I just couldn't look away.

He glanced down at the glasses in front of me. "Yes...you should - are drunk. I am not surprised. It is not healthy to do stuff like that. Drinking so many drinks at one time," he said, slowly.

I nodded. "Yeah but it's doesn't matter."

I felt the phone that Batty had lent to me, a smart phone, buzz in my pocket. I subtly pulled it out and looked down  at it.

Batty: WE FOUND THE ROOM. WE'RE GOING IN.

Me: I am sitting at the bar talking to BLACK RABBIT!

I looked up at Miguel who was watching me silently, expressionless.

My phone buzzed immediately.

Batty: DISTRACT HIM! DO NOT LET HIM LEAVE THE BAR. DO WHATEVER YOU CAN!

I gulped and faced Miguel, suddenly, I felt a lot of pressure.

He was watching, waiting for me to finish. When I was, he rested his right arm on the bench. "Why doesn't it matter?" he asked.

I shrugged and made up a story. "I've had far more before and I've drunk a lot of water so I'm not drunk. My friends told me that if you eat chilli sauce then..."

I watched him as I rambled on. He was losing interest. The only reason he had come was for a short break. A break that I wasn't providing. I could see it in his body language. He wanted to be left alone. He had turned towards the crowd, his eyes scanning the second floor for an escape.

If he wanted to leave do bad why did he host the party? I asked myself.

I immediately stopped talking. I was probably doing more harm than good. I turned to the glasses in front of me and started stacking them out of boredom. I managed to stack every single one of them before he spoke.

"If you were drunk you would not have been able to do that," he said.

I laughed dumbly. Honestly, my headache got worse. "I get smarter when I'm drunk," I said. I pushed my elbow backwards while flipping my wig, knocking over the glasses and making it look like an accident. "Oops," I said, putting my hand over my mouth in fake surprise.

He didn't even look down as a waiter came to pick up the glasses. Instead, we held a silent eye-lock battle.

He was looking at me as if he was trying to see if he could see if I was drunk.

I swayed a little on my seat, to throw him off me but instead of losing interest his eyes narrowed further.

To be honest, it surprised me. I didn't even know the guy and suddenly he was looking at me suspiciously. Maybe he had spies who knew our plan.

I broke out into a cold sweat. I didn't want to get arrested. How would I explain everything?

After a few more minutes of me freaking out and him staring at me, his lips broke out into a smile that didn't reach his still-narrowed eyes.

"My Lady, we haven't even been introduced yet, forgive my poor manners. I am Miguel," he said, still maintaining  the eye contact, holding his hand out to shake.

I looked at him suspiciously but still stuck my hand into his.

"Valerie. What a pleasure to finally meet you," I said, feeling like someone out of an action movie, acting friendly with the enemy until we were ready to expose him.