Crash Landing from the Potato Sack

"Come in," he said, raising his eyebrows as he watched me standing awkwardly in the middle of his office. "I see you're comfortable."

Head down, chin tucked in, I wrapped my arms around myself. My pajamas were way too cold for this room.

"I had a...mishap."

"Ah, the ignorant kind. I'm not surprised."

"I thought we were going out for brunch. Brunch is always best in pajamas."

His eyes narrowed. "What were you doing before you came in? Being a fool?"

Creating a bugatti veyron, doing things you would kill your own child to know.

"Exploring how to bend time and space to my will."

A muscle ticked in his forehead. "Sit down." I complied to his demand. Leaning forward, he looked very intimidating with his dark suit and beard. Too bad for him I had just met an angel and that beat him on all counts. "You said you knew more than I ever would and you seemed to imply that you had knowledge on these supernatural beings."

"Uh, maybe."

"Where did you steal the information from?"

Rolling my eyes at his seriousness, I began tapping out a beat on the corner of the table. Tap tap Tap smack tap tap smack tap fist. "Uh, nowhere. It's common sense, duh. All I did was ask what motives they had."

"As well as commit treason. An unofficial underaged citizen listening in on government confidential business? I could arrest you for life."

"I'd like to see you try," I snorted. Wow, he thought he was tougher than he was. "And you're the one at fault because you didn't even suspect me despite the name plate and my age. What if I was one of those 'Xmen' as you out it. I could have you completely at my mercy. Whoop-dee-doo the confidentiality department would need a new head of department. Plus, my boss made me do it."

I would like to say he acknowledged his mistakes and thanked me for pointing them out but it seemed like he was so close to choking me for pointing it out, myself. Taking a deep breath, he faced me, passive faced, the same way he had been at the beginning of yesterday's conference.

"Do you know anything about these people?" Looking calmer, he seemed like the type of guy you could trust. even if you didn't know him. simply because of how stern he was.

"If I did, what would you do?"

Clasping his hands together, he leaned forward. "I would grill you for information and then we would discuss ways to protect our country from the threat they pose and find out what technologies they have used to become so enhanced."

"And if I told you that their war wasn't with you?"

He scowled. "Nonsense. They pose a threat. It'll be sooner or later before they join sides."

What an ignorant human man.

"Robert," at the personal acknowledgement, he didn't look pleased at all. "You are so bloody naive that I just want to slap you silly. I won't do that however, because I do not hit cute furry things or people when they express their opinions, no matter how misguided it may be."

I hadn't stopped tapping the beat but I had changed the formation. Tap smack tap tap thumb smack tap tap Tap.

"Sit up straight and stop with those stupid sounds."

Tapping the table harder, I slouched lower in my chair with a lazy grin. "Be careful, Robert. You don't want to go losing your best source of information."