I'm Drunk (I think. I wish...I hope)

I was sitting in the back seat, silently, letting my nerves take control of me. It's not like I could stop it.

Batty and Takeaway guy were sitting in the front seats of the car, bickering on how to sneak into Miguel's study.

I leaned back, I could feel the nausea setting in. Oh, how I did not want to do this. I took deep breaths in and out, I had blocked their voices out but now they were coming back into focus.

"Everyone will be drunk. It'll be easy to get in," Batty said.

Takeaway guy was frowning. He was wearing a suit and he actually looked clean. "He'll probably have an alarm system and security. How did you not consider this before?" The guy asked.

Batty rolled her eyes and sighed in annoyance. She grabbed her purse and got out of the car. "I did consider it. You can hack into his system and delete the footage," she said. "If you can't, don't worry about it. I'll take care of it."

He stepped out of the car in a daze. "She'll take care of it, she says,"he mumbled in worry to himself.

I tried to move as little as I could when I got out of the car. I was really feeling nauseous now.

The blonde hair from my wig fell onto my face and I pushed it away, weakly.

I was so not ready for this.

"Come on," Takeaway guy said, leading us out of the bushes where our car was parked to the bright flashing lights of the mansion. "We need to hurry. I want to do this as fast as possible."

Batty walked more slowly, at a pace more ready for me. She looked at me. "Are you okay?"

I nodded, shutting my eyes but still walking. "Yeah, I'm good," I said. "Just feeling a little sick."

She walked with me towards the mansion. Takeaway guy was already ahead, near the doors of the mansion where two bought cars were standing, letting people in. He kept looking back nervously at us, his jumpy actions giving away his nerves.

When we reached him he was very frustrated. His fingers kept twitching and he was bouncing on the balls of his feet. By then I was feeling a bit better.

We composed ourselves, Takeaway guy trying not to look jumpy, me trying not to look sick and Batty looking confident.

We walked up the steps where the bouncers were letting people in. We walked up together, my arm linked in Takeaway guy's, acting like we belonged.

As we neared the bouncers I started to freak.

What if they didn't let us in? What if they asked us for our names?

I held my breath as we walked past them and tried to walk the way Batty had told me.

Chest out, shoulders back, chin up.

They didn't even give us a second glance.

I let out a sigh of relief.

When we entered the mansion, there was barely any space to move.

There were so many girls in the mansion it might as well have been a country of females. There were girl's with so many different kinds of faces. All different races, different styles.

If they hadn't been there to impress Miguel then I would have considered the moment almost amazing.

We looked around and my hopes sank and rose.

I was glad I would not have to do the hacking. There were too many party-goers to watch out for. My hopes sank because I would have to look out for Batty and Takeaway guy (who I will now call Guy because his name is way too long), and make sure they didn't get caught.

I was looking around  stunned. It really seemed impossible to get anything achieved with this many people. How did Miguel control them all?

Batty grabbed my arm. "Valerie, we're going to go upstairs to look for the office. When we find it, we'll call you and tell you where it is. You come meet up with us and we'll begin the plan, okay?" she shouted over the music and the voices.

I nodded.

She nodded as well and gave me  small salute before dragging Guy away.

As soon as she left, the nausea came back. It may have been from the thought that I would be there for a few more hours and would have to navigate through the sea of bodies.

I sighed inwardly and tried to make my way through the crowd. I was stepped on, shoved and pushed around so much that I thought my wig would fall off. I held onto it with one hand and weaved in and out of the bodies.

Eventually I found a bar that seemed to atretxh on forever. There were at least twenty five bartenders.

I sat down on a seat that a girl, who looked model skinny, had just abandoned. I gave a small sigh of relief. Batty had given me a pair of modern, granny-type high heels. My legs were beginning to cramp from them.

I sat there, massaging my ankle until a bartender came up and asked me what I wanted to order.

I remembered that when ever I used to feel sick, Dante would always sneak me a sip of alcohol. "To kill the bacteria in your stomach," he would say. But he wasn't completely wrong. It usually helped.

Even though I didn't have a stomach ache, it was more of a nausea caused by a headache.

"One shot of vodka," I said. Even as I ordered it, I knew it wouldn't work.

The bartender handed me a shot glass and I downed it. I wasn't one for alcohol but sometimes it had its uses.

Ten minutes later I was still waiting for the effect of the alcohol to come but it didn't. So I ordered another one.

And another.

And another.

Soon I had twenty five empty shot glasses in front of me and it was no different to drinking water. It hadn't effected me in the slightest. It hadn't even eased up my headache. I put my face in my hands and leaned against the counter.

I knew what was happening. I knew why I wasn't affected.

I began hyperventilating. Death, it had done something to me. Something about my body wasn't the same. Something had been changed.

Or...I wasn't human anymore.

My eyes widened.. My breathing grew ragged.

What is happening to me? I still feel human. Am I a zombie? Did my immune system get mucked up?

These thoughts ran through my head, as I blocked out the people around me. I drifted off into my own world, my hend still in my hands as I stared down at the table in horror.

After some time, my brain formed an extremely logical answer.

What if I'm so drunk, I didn't notice?

I almost heaved a sigh of relief. That's right. I didn't know what getting drunk was like. I was probably drunk right now.

I closed my eyes as they tears with tears of relief that didn't spill. When I opened them again, someone was sitting in the chair next to me, facing me. They were looking at me amused and curious.

I straightened up.

The person was a man in his forties. He had smooth black hair that was slicked back and a beard. He wore a cream suit that matched his tan skin.

He screamed money and even if I hadn't seen him when I searched him up on Google, I would have known who he was.

I stared at him, not moving. Watching him with slight alarm.

He smiled. "My Lady," he said, a hint of an accent underlining his speech. "You are very good at sustaining your liquor."

I looked Miguel right in the eye and said, "I'm so very, very drunk."