The light inside

Vampires.

My senses were on high alert and my blood level had dropped. I watched them, unblinking, as they  came into the warehouse. Their steps were predatory and they were everything the horror stories had made them to be. And more.

They were dressed like normal humans but the way they walked, their speed and the fluidity of their steps, gave them away.

The first two, that came in, were ugly. They looked sick and pock-marked. Their skin was saggy and tight at the same time, their fingers resembled claws. The next two, were more human looking but still ugly. Their skin was stretched tight over their faces, like they had gone to thailand to get plastic surgery. They walked more strong and upright, though their backs were still a bit hunched.

The last vampire that walked in was beautiful, in a non-human way. He had clear white skin and full dark hair. He walked strongly, with an alluring predatory grace. Everything about his face was sharp, from his nose, the slant of his eyes, his jaw to the sharp black claws on his fingers.

They stalked in, looking and sniffing around. I creeped along the wall silently, trying to get closer to the door-where they were-without them seeing me. I walked on a beam in the roof and was just above them when the leader-which I assumed was the beautiful one-looked up at me passively.

The others looked up, when they saw me, they snarled and began running towards the walls. Faster than I could comprehend or see, they were up on the beams in the roof, getting ready to grab me. I ran along and the really ugly vampires lunged at me. I jumped out of their way, onto another beam. Before I could regain my balance, one of the plain ugly vampires jumped at me, causing me to tip the other way and onto the concrete below.

I groaned in pain as i saw stars float around my vision accompanied by bright bursts of light. I heard some ringing footsteps and a pair of feet came into my vision. I looked up and resisted the urge to vomit.

A hand grabbed my face, roughly, the nails digging into my cheeks. "So, you're the one," the beautiful vampire mused, peering closer at me. "You weren't what I was expecting."

I was still dizzy but I managed an answer. "You're not quite what you look like, either. Up close, youre actually pretty disgusting," I said, hoping that I would vomit on his feet. I wasn't lying, either. The vampire's feet were disgusting, all dirty and bare, his hair and his ears... Dont get me started on his ears.

He pushed my face away roughly and I fell to the concrete. I let out a small groan of pain.

"We heard news of someone running around town, on our territory. The humans had quite an opinion of you," he said. "Once we heard what they'd said, we knew you weren't human...at least, not fully."

I peered at him from the corner of my eyes. "You know, I dont really care about you or what you think or your stupid little territorial issues," as I talked, he turned and looked at me. "Im just here, existing, and i wont get in anyone's way, so you just piss of and we'll never have to meet again."

In a blink he was in front of my face, baring his teeth at me. I jumped a bit and my breath caught in my throat. Despite being used to the changes in my life, the acceptance of Angels, nothing-and I repeat nothing-could have prepared me for the sight of his fangs.

My heart started beating faster as I stared at them. It was terrifying. The primal instincts in me were screaming at me to run and thrash around, anything to get away from the fangs. They were long, pale white and translucent looking. The threat of having my throat torn out by the two, not completely sharp, fangs was daunting. The fangs seemed to pulse in beat with my heart. It was also that they were disgusting, vicious beasts, that added to my fear.