Stupid stairs and the Mortician

Hey, Libs. Sorry my chapters are kind of short. I'll try make them longer.

**********

We managed to convince Lindsey that I wasn't Dante' other girlfriend. But it was hard all the same. Lindsay still kept giving me suspicious looks though.

"So..." Dante began awkwardly. "Since Lindsey is already here maybe I can hang out with her upstairs?". He looked up at George innocently.

"No."

"Fine, then maybe we can just hang out in the kitchen and talk?"

"Danny, I don't want to just talk"

"Lindsey, shut up!"

"Still no"

"Fine, we'll stay here in the lounge room with you two watching us" Danny said stubornly.

I snorted. "Um, yeah, as if. We have better things to do than baby-sit you...Danny" I said. I honestly wouldn't want to stay in the same room as Dante and a girl he's attracted to anyway. He was never afraid of getting to all the different bases there were even if I was watching. It was quite terrifying. I turned to Lindsey. "Listen, Lindsey, you should probably go home now. Please, do us a favour and go home."

"Well, I don't want to." She crossed her arms and stuck her nose in the air.

I gritted my teeth. "You weren't even supposed to be here in the first place" I said. I imagined there was a vein throbbing on my forehead.

Lindsey looked up at Dante with puppy dog eyes. "Danny...?" she asked in a baby voice.

Dante shrugged and looked away guiltily. "Sorry...even I don't have any power in this situation."

Lindsey looked at all of us with a hurt/stubborn expression. She looked at the stairs and then back at us. Then she looked back up to the stairs.

I knew what she was thinking. Honestly, I didn't even understand why I was bothering with the stupid girl anyway - it was probably a territory thing or maybe fate - but when she ran up the stairs an angry beast erupted in me, wanting to rip her apart.

She dashed up the stairs and I ran after her screaming "Get out of my house you stupid witch!"

She ran into George's room and locked the door (I'm sure she would have chosen Dante's room if the door wasn't broken). I began to bang on the door. "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" I screamed. I heard her do something that sounded suspiciously like her rummaging around in George's drawers.

I kept screaming and banging on the door while George and Dante watched me.

Looking back, I probably should have just left. But I didn't. Any way, I was leaning against the door, trying to get in - I obviously forgot that it opened inwards - so Lindsey opened the door and I fell inside. She rushed out and neither George nor Dante did anything to stop her. Instead they looked down at me with pity. It made me angrier.

I ran down stairs to where Lindsey was trying to unlock our front door. As soon as I was down the stairs she managed to open the door and she ran outside. I caught her by her collar just as she was about to leave.

I curled my fist and threw it at her face. It collided perfectly with her cheekbone but it also made my fingers hurt.

Lindsey twisted around and slapped me. I grabbed her hair and began yanking on it really hard.

She screamed. "Let me go, you bitch! I'm leaving the house you psycho!"

Now I am usually a very calm person but when I get angry I really do get angry. And its also really hard to make me calm down.