Concrete Superwoman

My face hit the concrete with a loud smash, tiny cracks appeared on the ground, forcing the concrete inwards to mould to my face.

"Oh, man," spitting flakes of concrete out of my mouth, I blanched and slowly raised myself using the balls of my hands. All around me, cars had stopped, were beeping their horns, the headlights becoming a nuisance to my eyes.

"She's alive," a voice cried. People began walking out of their cars running towards me, yelling at me not to move.

Someone grabbed my arm and tried to keep me down but I pushed them away and stood up shakily.

Crap. Where had batty said she wanted to meet me again?

Shaking the hand off me, I stumbled my way down the street, ignoring the shouts of protest from the witnesses, wiping the remainders of concrete from my mouth.  I got down the main street when a hand grabbed me and yanked me backwards.

"Valerie," Batty snapped. "Where are you going?"

My hair flew over my face and I watched her with wide eyes. "Huh? Me? Nowhere. I was looking for you." Her lips pursed in disdain as she pushed some hair out of my face. She froze and then slowly glared at me.

"Have you been doing cocaine?"

A small bizarre breathy laugh erupted from my chest. "No, no, that's concrete. Not cocaine. Never cocaine."

Eyes still slanted, she walked towards the car. "You look extremely disheveled. Where were you?" I got into the other side and spread my limbs all over the seat, relieved that I had escaped. The only question really remaining was if Cassidy had seen my face before I had jumped out of the window.

"What do you think of Cassidy?" I asked, ignoring her previous question. Batty pulled out of the parking space with an extremely bitter look on her face. I guess she didn't like her authority being disrespected.

"Cassidy?" Her eyes were glaring at the road so hard it was surprising that she could see. "I don't know any Cassidy," she spat. "Now let's get back to the topic of the boy, Dean. You're a disgrace. You treated him so disgustingly I almost didn't want to be seen with you. I have no idea what on earth made you so condescending at dinner tonight but if it happens one more time you will be given extra work with no pay."

What. The. Heck?

"Batty, I don't know what's gotten into you but my social life isn't really any if your business," leaning back in my seat warily, I returned her disdain. "Plus, we're not even relat-"

"Did your mother teach you no manners?" Her shout filled the car. "The way you behaved back there was horrendous."

Twitches ran through my face and I couldn't stop them. " No, she never taught me manners," seething, I put my hand in the handle of the door but she locked it before I could open the door, despite the car moving. "Its none of your business and I don't know why you're being such a moody bitch but you can fuc-"

A bright light flashed in the mirrors of the car distracting Batty. Spinning the wheel, she tried to avoid what she assumed was a car on her left. Instead she rammed head on into a car driving from the opposite lane.

The last thing I saw before the car folded in on itself was the crushing and folding of metal, like it was a silk robe.

***

...kol...ath kol...

"Bat..."

Reaching up to rub my eye, my arm cut on something and I woke from the daze. Around me, there was barely any space to move. The metal was so perfectly wrapped around me to the point that parts of the metal were smooth from contact with my body.
Turning my head to the side, I remembered the events that had happened minutes ago.