Chapter 7: Through the Desert

(Your pov)

"Woohoo!"

"Ace and (Y/n) is one of us now!"

"Kampai!" Luffy, Usopp, and Chopper cheered, mugs joined together. "Who said I was joining you?" Ace said sitting on a barrel, holding his mug. "I even said that I'm not part of your crew." I said sitting on a railing as I sip my drink. All three of them took a sip. "Here's to delicious drinks!" Usopp said. "Kampai!"

"Don't worry about it! They're always looking for an excuse to drink to!" Nami said with a smile. Ace and I sighed. "Ace! Are you sure you won't join us?" Luffy asked him. "I'm chasing a certain man. His name's Blackbeard." Ace said, taking a sip of his drink. "Blackbeard?" Usopp said in confusion. "He's the pirate who attacked the Drum Kingdom!" Vivi said.

"He use to be a member of the 2nd Division of the Whitebeard Pirates, one of my men. But he committed the worst possible sin on a pirate ship: he almost killed a crewmate and jumped off the ship. So, as the commander, I gotta find and get rid of him." Ace said with a serious face. I furrowed my brows. 'If he does that, he'll be defeated by Blackbeard and be sent to Impel Down. I have to do something.' I thought.

"So that's why you're chasing after him?" Usopp questioned. "I came here because I caught word that Blackbeard was seen in Yuba." He said and took a sip. "Then your destination is the same as ours!" Nami said as she took out a map. "We've just entered the Sandora River. First, we'll land at Erumalu, then head into the interior of Alabasta to reach Yuba here!" Vivi pointed out the map. "The leader of the rebel army is in Yuba." She said. "I see. So you're headed to Yuba next." Ace said.

"I'll tag along just for the heck of it. You guys don't mind?" You said getting off the railing of the ship. "No, we don't mind, as long as we know you." Nami said. "I'll follow Nami-san, Vivi-chan, and (Y/n)-chan wherever they go~❤!" Sanji said doing the noodle dance with hearts on his eyes.

"Get lost, Love Cook." Zoro said. "Say what, you-!?" "A-Anyways! It looks like we can travel together for a short while!" Nami interrupted Sanji. "Yeah, yeah! His brother and (Y/n) is more than welcome here!" Usopp agreed. Luffy laughed and hold up his mug. "Let's have some fun, Ace, (Y/n)!" He said. We all brought our mugs together. "Yeah!"

Timeskip

"Heya! I'm Captain Onigiri Usopp! Oh! And who are you?" Usopp played with his food. Luffy holds up a rice, snowman? "I'm a riceman!" He said. Which cause them a smack in the head with a frying pan by Sanji. "Quit playing with our food! If you got free time, go wash the dishes or something!" Sanji angrily said to the two. "Geez! I need to finish our packed meals before we cross the river!" He said handing for the sink to wash the dishes.

"You need a hand?" Ace said sitting at the table. "Yeah, we can help." I said sitting beside him. "It's okay, (Y/n)-chan, both of you are guests on board. Just sit back and relax." He said with a smile as he continued washing. We both did as I sip my tea.

"So, (Y/n), I didn't get to ask my question back at the restaurant." Ace said to me. "Oh, okay." I said as I turned and looked at him. "So, what do you want to ask?" I said to him. Ace took a deep breath and sighed. He looked up at me with a serious face.

"Have........have you met a crewmate of mine?" He asked. I rose a brow at him. 'Is he....?' I nodded. "Yeah, I did." I said honestly. Ace looked down and bit his lip like he's nervous. "Is his name.....Thatch?" He asked again. I know where this is going. "Yes." I answered. He clenched the handle of the cup. "Did...." Ace paused a bit and sighed. "Go on." I said to him. He nodded. "Are you the one that saved him?" He asked with a shaky voice. My eyes soften at his tone.

"What if I am?" I asked. He looked up and saw me smiling. "Yes, I'm the one who saved his life." I said to him. Ace's eyes widen and his mouth parted. He quickly hugged me which I didn't expect. I hugged him back and felt him shaking a little like he was about to cry.