Chapter 26: Little Spirits and Merry

(2nd pov)

You're with Cithrel in that same bar you went last time, and both of you are just having a conversation about Cithrel's kind and stuff. The two of you are the only ones in the bar.

"So, Elves age differently than humans?" You said with a raised brow. "Mhm, my kind ages slowly, which is why I look like a young teenager." Cithrel said. "Really? How old are you now?" You asked him in a curious tone. " I'm 22 years old." He answered. "22? Wow." Both of you heard the door open and turn to see a tall, muscular man, wearing a dark green tank-top with a red flannel shirt over it, brown pants, and black boots.

"Oh, am I interrupting something?" He asked. "Ah, Saegnir-san! Just in time. I want you to meet someone." Cithrel said as he sat up from his seat and went towards Saegnir. "(Y/n)-chan, this is Saegnir, one of my best friends. Saegnir-san, this is (Y/n), a traveler who came here a few days ago." Cithrel introduced.

"A traveler? Well, it's nice to meet you (Y/n)-san. How do you like Water 7?" Saegnir said with a smile, holding his hand out to you. "It's a pleasure, and Water 7 is amazing, Cithrel here is kind enough to show me around along with Paulie." You said as you took his hand to yours and shook it.

"I'm glad that you treated him with kindness like he did to others. I won't be so forgiving if anything bad happens to our angel." Saegnir said as he gave Cithrel a flirtatious smirk that made him blush, and you noticed it.

Both of you let go of your own hands. "As for what I'm here for, Cithrel, I'm off work, wanna hang out?" Saegnir asked. Cithrel looked up at him and smiled. "Sure, I just finished work. (Y/n)-chan, you can go ahead without me, I'll be back soon." Cithrel told you. "You sure?" You said to him. "I'll be fine. Saegnir-san is with me." He told you.

You looked at Cithrel and then at Saegnir and then back at Cithrel. You raise your hand up and pat his head, which he leans into with a cute smile. "Be careful then." You said to him. As you are about to walk out of the bar, you look up at Saegnir straight in the eyes. "Keep him out of trouble." You told him. Saegnir nodded. "I promise." You nodded and left the bar.

"So, shall we?" Saegnir said, and Cithrel nodded as both of them walked out of the bar and left. Unknown to both of them, you were just on top of the building of the bar as you watched them walk away. Your eyes stared directly at Saegnir's figure as he took Cithrel with him.

"A Half-Elf, a mixture of a Dark Elf and a human. What's someone like him doing here?" You said. You turn your head when you sensed something. You sighed and shook your head and jumped down from the building.

You started to walk around for a bit, passing by some stores until you went to a grassy, secluded area. You stopped, right in front of dead end, and stared at the plants clinging on stone walls and a butterfly landing on a flower. 'This place...' You thought.

You heard a cooing sound and turned your head to see Hattori landing on your shoulder. "Hello, what are you doing here?" You asked as you rubbed your finger against Hattori's cheek as he cooed. "I was about to ask you the same thing." He said.

You heard footsteps behind you, and you turn your head around to see Lucci behind you. "You see, not many people come to this place, saying it belonged to little spirits that live in it." He told you. "Really?" You said with a raised brow as you turn your head back at the plants. "Yep, not many people can see them, except for children." He said.

"So, they're like imaginary friends." You said still staring at the plants. "Something like that. But unfortunately, once children have grown up and hit puberty, they'll no longer see them but remember them." Lucci said.

"I see." You said. "That's what I was told when I first saw and asked about this place." Lucci said. "Do you believe it?" You asked him. "After seeing this place, you could say that I can....sense it." You blinked when you heard him sniffing. You turned around to see Lucci backing up, and Hattori flying and perched on his shoulder.