Chapter 27 - Edolas Arc

"Ice?" Gray called and approached him when he realised that he had stopped dancing, "Anything wrong?"

"Vye... I felt her magic even though its only for a second. Let's get back to guild. We need to tell the rest." He then turned towards the townfolks, "Thank you. But I have to go. Mission's waiting."

"Heee... You are unexpectedly good at imitating Vye." Gray said after they left the town square and there was nobody around.

"I'm already with her for so long... I must at least be able to do this much." He replied, "Let's go." He said, not wanting to waste anytime.

After explaining to everyone, a ray of hope seemed to shine. That means Vye was indeed still alive. Only her whereabouts was concealed by something and couldn't be detected. A lot of theories was voiced out but nobody had the definite answer. The only thing they can do was to wait for Ice to feel her magic power again, which was unknown in both time and place.

"I know its hard but you must be Vyera for a little while longer. We will definitely find her." Master said.

The very next day, Ice had just arrived in guild. It was raining heavily. The weather was definitely not a good one. The storm didn't look like it was going to stop any moment. Most of the activities in town were stopped. Everyone was hiding inside their homes.

"Good morning." He greeted with Vyera's voice as per normal, like the past few weeks.

"Oh, you are here, Ice."

It seemed that the guild people had get used to calling him by his true name. The first few days he was here in Vyera's body, he was called Vye a few times. Guess those guys also felt guilty for calling him that.

"When will this rain stop?? It's so depressing..." Lucy complained, "I don't have the mood to go out for mission when the weather is like this..."

Ice, curiously, also looked up to the sky through the window where everyone gathered to see after Lucy's complaint. The moment he looked up, he knew this was it. This was the same state of the sky that he saw when Vyera disappeared. But before he could tell the others, the sky reacted and the next moment, he too disappeared along with everyone. That very day, the whole Magnolia Town along with Fairy Tail guild was gone from the face of earth.

Going back a few months before to when Vyera disappeared.
She woke up in a strange sky. The islands were floating. There were bit and bits traces of magic power here and there. But before she could express her surprise on those, she realised that she couldn't control her body. She was like floating water. She looked at her hand while still free-falling. To her horror, it was transparent. Vyera was just a soul. Her solid body was gone. In the middle of abdomen, there was a blue sphere, no... semi-sphere. She guessed that the other half of Xrytos' magic must be at her body, hold by Ice's magic. But without a solid body, she couldn't hold Xrytos for long. If it was released, the world will be wrecked havoc.

She quickly looked around to find a suitable solid item. Anything will do, as long as it was solid. She must at least prevent it from going berserk. She could find a more suitable one later on. But the more she looked around, the reality that she was not in the Earthland came to her. It was different. There was still magic but it came from items, not humans. Moreover, the largest magic power came from large crystals that was placed in various parts of this world. She guessed those were the source of the magic.

She didn't have time to analyse further. The more she float around finding a suitable thing to seal Xrytos, the more it struggle to release itself. When she fell near a castle, she was pulled by a strong force.

"What... This reaction is-"

She could only catch a glimpse. Vyera was absorbed into a body of a woman. She was resting peacefully on her bed, seemingly like a long deep sleep. Vyera didn't have the chance to take a look at her face. She was forced to enter her body and settled in. It felt strangely familiar to her body. Xrytos managed to settle down. The seal took effect again. Vye then tried to open her eyes. A lot of noise made by the servants. More voices were joining in.

"Princess!! She is awake!!" Vyera heard, when her new body had synchronised with her soul. "This is a miracle!!"

She fully opened her eyes now. An old man appeared in front of her, "My daughter... You are finally awake..."

Vyera didn't immediately answer and got up from the bed. It was too easy for her to move even though it was not her original body.

"... Where am I?" was the first thing Vyera asked.

"You were in the castle, my dear... You have been asleep for so long..." The old man who was supposed to be the body's father answered.

Vyera figured it would be best to feign ignorance. It would be easier to get every information from this world that way, "... Who am I? Who are you?" Vyera continued to ask. Everyone gave a look of horror. The female servants cried while the male servants all looked down and shook their heads. Even the old man who was supposed to be her father looked like he was about to cry. Yet he held it in and explained everything to her gently.

"... You are Lucille, my daughter and also the princess of Edolas."

When Vyera heard that, she did not know how to react. That was her real name. How come they knew it? She never told anyone else except the gang's members. He then explained further that she contracted an incurable disease when she was young. It was said that she would be asleep forever, never to be waken up anymore. It had been 10 years since this Lucille fell asleep due to this disease until this miracle happened. When Vyera was looking around, acting like she was trying to recover her memory, she saw herself in the mirror.

She had to hold her mouth from exclaiming what she was seeing.