𝐯. 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞

There was a knock at the door of the Urokodaki residence

The masked older man opened the door immediately, only to be greeted by a fatigued and injured Hanata Airi and a fainted Tomioka Giyū on her back.

"Where's Sabito?" He asked calmly.

Airi shook her head. That was the only thing Urokodaki needed to see. He sighed in response as Airi handed him Giyū.

Airi collapsed on the ground in pain. The master took Giyū to his, and formerly Sabito's, room to put him to rest for the night.

Urokodaki rushed back to his student, helping her up as she limped across the main room. He put her down on a blanket as he went to fetch some bandages for her wounds.

Airi unveiled her silk blindfold, revealing intense dark circles under her amber eyes. There was no doubt she was extremely tired, but how tired she was, was unsettling to most. Her bright eyes were dimmed, for all she could think about was the warmth of Sabito near her and how he would talk to her with sweet nothings. She would always dismiss his flirtatious comments, but sometimes she craved them.

She might have known that he was her first love the whole time.

The moments they shared were unforgettable to her, yet she didn't shed a tear. She was thankful, anyway, to not have seen Sabito perish in such a way. She felt guilty for Giyū, guilty how he must've watched his best friend perish terribly.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Urokodaki started to wrap her leg that was still bleeding. He wrapped her cuts and bruises in silence, preventing himself from asking her about anything until she was ready. He was already mourning the loss of one of his strongest students; he figured it was not time to ask questions.

In honesty, he couldn't believe Sabito was the one to go.

After Airi was wrapped in many bandages and when she bathed off the dirt that was scattered all over her body, she stayed with Giyū that night.

She watched over him as he rested uncomfortably, waiting to see if he would awaken. He was bandaged and cleaned by Urokodaki at best. The bandage over his eye was stained red, indicating that it still bled. It hurt the ravenette to see her friend in this state. She wished she was the one that was in such a state, not him.

She hated seeing him like this. It destroyed her.

Airi decided to take action. She slithered next to Giyū, moving his fatigued left arm and snuggling under it.