𝐢. 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭

"Yoo-hoo! Oneechan! Oneechan!" A voice full of youth and livelihood called out

"Yoo-hoo! Oneechan! Oneechan!" A voice full of youth and livelihood called out. That young voice's keeper leaped on a sakura printed futon, shaking awake an older, more mature figure to awaken.

"Oi. Daichi, cut it out already. Can't you see your 'Oneechan' needs sleep?" The feminine voice replied, rolling over to her opposite side, her flesh sinking comfortably into the futon once again. She groaned before attempting to succumb into her sleep once more, only to be interrupted again.

"Airi, it is past dawn! You've slept for too long. Come play with me and Atsushi, please?" The little boy asked politely, still shaking his older sister quite aggressively.

The older sibling sat up, reaching her arms toward the ceiling and giving out a soft groan as she stretched. Airi shook her raven locks, her hair gradually revealing her petite face as she ran her pale fingers through the fine locks.
She threw her long hair up into a ponytail with ease, giving her brother a grin that screamed, 'I am doing this for you - and only you.'

Her brother gave her the wittiest grin, and she could not help but flick a smile back at him. Daichi snatched his older sister's hand and dragged her outside into the winter-kissed snow. The ten year-old had already chopped down some nearby trees with his brother for the day - because he could not wait to play in the snow with his big sister.

The timid, yet carefree Atsushi had awaited them outside their small home, and he flashed a grin toward his older sister and twin brother.

His footsteps sunk into the deep snow, but alas he sprinted, greeting his older sister and softly saying, "Airi's awake!"

The thirteen year-old knelt down in front of her younger brothers and put one hand on each of their small cheeks. Her thumbs caressed their smooth cheeks and she gave them the softest smile. It was irresistible.

"I love you two. There is nothing that can get between us." She said lovingly.
It was true, she knew that nothing could stand in the way of her and her family.

Atsushi held her hand, whilst Daichi opened his mouth to speak, per usual.

"Let's play hide and seek, Oneechan!" He proposed confidently. Airi smiled and nodded, agreeing with her little brother.

A beautiful woman came out and leaned on the door frame, her brown eyes observing her children lovingly.

"Be careful, children," She expressed, "Be back by dusk. I trust you, Airi."

Airi looked back at her mother, her amber-yellow eyes expressing kindness, "Of course, Mama. I will watch these little brats with my life."

Daichi growled and tackled his sister, "Who are you calling a brat?!"

The family laughed in harmony. To think that life could be better than this was a dream to young Airi. Her family, the Hanata family, was everything she lived for. She prayed fervently for her family's protection, especially her father's.
He was always out traveling as a merchant, selling baked goods, hoping to earn money for his family living blissfully on Mt. Sagiri.