𝐯𝐢. 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞

Many Years Later

Many Years Later

Her hand grazed over the brush, dipping it into the ink and proceeding to write on paper made out of bamboo.

"My dearest Daichi and Atsushi," she wrote in beautiful calligraphy,

"Yesterday was my nineteenth birthday. That day, I was approached by Oyakata-sama at the heart of the Demon Slayer Headquarters, where I was supposed to be relaying information about Kibutsuji to him,"

She continued her writing, "He had asked me to become the Light Hashira. He had no doubt that I had become a powerful swordswoman, and he mentioned he regretted not bestowing the Hashira title to me the same time as Tomioka-san. I didn't care — I was overjoyed. It was the best present I could have asked for, really. Even though you weren't here to see it.

As the light pillar, I promise to protect humanity. I know I couldn't protect you two, and mother and father. But, I hope you're proud of me.

And no, Giyū and I haven't been on the greatest terms. I told you two I would fix it a few months ago, but he's always on some kind of mission. His nineteenth birthday was just before mine, too, and I want to give him something. A late birthday present, perhaps?

I digress. I hope to see you two and mother and father again.
I bet heaven looks really pretty. One day, I hope to meet you all there after my time here is over.

My everlasting love for you remains.

Your big sister,

Airi."

The young woman left the quill pen in it's ink, and blew out the candle on her desk, leaving the letter for her lost younger brother's to dry. Every year, Hanata Airi writes to her younger brothers, in hopes that they would somehow read them. She keeps every letter in a special journal; sometimes for herself to read her own handwriting.

The ravenette left the room, wandering in her small condo in the Demon Slayer Headquarters. Her small home was surprisingly gorgeous, and most people found it aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.
The walls were a simple ivory and there were always fresh candles lit by Airi's hand. On the walls were framed artworks that she had commissioned from small town Japanese artists. Some artworks were of feudal landscapes, others were Japanese characters that spelt out phrases. Succulents and native plants were scattered in decorative pots all over the home, and she had a extremely large cherry blossom tree in her front yard. The size of her home had nothing on the Butterfly Estate, and Airi was perfectly fine with that.