𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐫 𝐰𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"I think you two will have some visitors soon

       "I think you two will have some visitors soon." The ravenette explained, giving her friends a soft smile, "You are making progress on the cure, right?"

"Yes, some progress. I still haven't found any allied demons who can help me test it out when I'm finished." The strikingly beautiful woman replied.

"Even so, I don't think I'll let anyone get near her. You're the only exception, Airi." The boy responded, his lavender eyes piercing into Airi's soul. Airi felt slightly intimidated by him.

"You will, Lady Tamayo," Airi responded, her voice encouraging the woman, "I know a very special person who will be your perfect subject. I don't know when they'll arrive, it might be years from now, but they will change everything. Hell, they even flipped my world upside down."

"Oh? Who are they?" Lady Tamayo questioned, her lips pursed into a fine line. The boy, Yushiro, was seriously in love with the woman. He intensely watched as the woman's eyes concentrated on Airi. Airi had to stop herself from bursting out in a fit of laughter with how intense Yushiro was in protecting his lady.

Airi grew her attention back to Tamayo, "If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise. I'll be taking my leave. I hope to meet you two again, soon!"

"It was our pleasure, Airi. See you soon!" Tamayo smiled, waving to Airi before she disappeared from her sight.

"That Airi," Yushiro commented, "She's peculiar for a Hashira. A little too nice to be one."

"It's refreshing," Tamayo replied, "To see someone who seeks mercy in all creatures, even if she doesn't act like it. She is certainly our ally."

——•——

Airi remained in her home that night. She lit newly purchased cinnamon scented candles around her home, inhaling the fumes and sighing softly in content. She thought about the boy and his demon sister constantly since the day her and Giyū encountered the siblings.

She hoped for the best relentlessly. She hoped the two would change how people viewed demons and humans alike. Even though Airi had an intense hatred toward the demon race, she still felt merciful toward them – for she knew her father didn't want to kill their family. She knew her father was still in there the moment he looked at her.

She often wondered how he died. If his head wasn't cut off by a Nichirin blade, then what happened? Was it truly the sunlight as she was told? She assumed she would never know until the afterlife.

Airi went outside her home, facing the seemingly infinite forest behind her house walls. She had recently purchased a beautiful violin. The instrument could be perceived as her talent to most, especially her father.

Airi's father was incredibly convinced that Airi was going to grow up to an elegant musician. Once he bought her that instrument, he never once regretted it, no matter how much he spent. He would watch her learn how to play and her musical growth.