𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐤𝐢𝐳𝐮𝐤𝐢

NOTE: This follows events in the Kimetsu No Yaiba manga

NOTE: This follows events in the Kimetsu No Yaiba manga. Read at your own risk. <3

         "What are you talking about, Tengen? What is there to worry about?" Airi questioned, her eyebrows furrowing in concern. She really hoped that Zenitsu was alright.

"The desire to save my wives has caused me to commit a grave mental error. Zenitsu's whereabouts are currently unknown. He stopped contacting me last night."

Inosuke and Airi looked at each other wide-eyed, knowing that the demon most likely caught Zenitsu. Airi looked at Tengen's back shortly after, feeling very concerned.

"You two, get out of here now. Your ranks are way too low. If the demon here is an 'Upper Moon', you can't deal with them." Tengen said, referring to Tanjiro and Inosuke.

"I will regard people who have stopped sending me letters as dead. From here on, I will move on my own. As for you, Airi, I ask you to help me. I know you have the strength to do so." Tengen finished, standing up, his face a blank gaze.

"Of course." Airi responded.

"No, Uzui-san!! We—" Tanjiro began to defend himself.

"Don't be ashamed. Winner's stay alive. Don't mess this opportunity up." Uzui replied, his head slightly turning in Tanjiro's direction, but his back still against them all.

"HOLD IT, OLD MAN." Inosuke attempted to keep the man from leaving.

But before the two boys could interject, Uzui was gone in a silent departure.

"Let him be. I'll give you guys the choice whether or not you want to stay. It's a life or death situation for you two." Airi commented, crossing her arms and pondering.

"Maybe he didn't believe us because we're members of the lowest class..." Tanjiro said, his eyebrows furrowing in concern.

"We're currently at the Kanoe rank right now. We're higher up now, the fourth lowest on the chain." Inosuke responded.

"Huh?!" Tanjiro replied in utter surprise. Airi couldn't figure out if he was shocked at the fact that they were higher in rank, or the fact that Inosuke said something of knowledge.

"Show us our ranks!" Inosuke commanded, holding his fist tightly together, "This word which swells up due to muscle expansion, is a special technique called a 'Wisteria Carving.' It's a symbol of the Demon Hunters."

The "Kanoe" kanji appeared on the back of Inosuke's hand, displaying his rank.

"Nice job, smart guy." Airi commented, putting her hand on Inosuke's shoulder.