𝐱𝐱. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐲𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬

"Emi-chan!" Airi called from the kitchen of the Hanata Estate

The long brunette sprinted out of her room, slipping on the wooden floors because of her socks. She instantly got back up before rushing into the kitchen, her face red from the impact on the floor and her hair a hot mess.

"Y-Yes?!" Emi exhaled exasperatedly, running her hands through her hair to calm it down.

"Ara Ara~! No need to sprint out here," Airi laughed, "I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to be traveling for a day, so I won't be in the house."

"O-Oh!" Emi laughed in relief, realizing that she can be very hyperactive sometimes, "I thought I was in trouble."

Airi snorted, "The only time you'd ever be in trouble would be if you betrayed my trust."

"I wouldn't dare!" Emi defended herself, crossing her arms and pouting.

"I know, Em. Anyway, I'm going to travel to another city not too far from here, so be careful while I'm gone. You can hold your own, correct?" Airi reassured the girl, waltzing towards her and standing face-to-face.

Emi nodded confidently, "Your training has been perfect!"

"Good, good. If you are unsure, I can always ask Inosuke to come stay with you~" Airi teased.

Ever since Airi took Emi in as her Tsuguko, Emi has been particularly observant toward a certain boar masked boy.

"N-NO I'LL BE JUST FINE!" Emi bowed unexpectedly. Airi stepped back so her head wouldn't hit her torso.

"I know what it's like, don't worry," Airi smiled, "I'm going to get ready, and then I'll be off. I'll be back by tomorrow afternoon."

Emi perked her head back up, her face an extreme tinted red, "O-Okay! I'll make you something for your journey."

Airi nodded before walking into her bedroom, humming a melody to herself.

The woman slipped on her uniform and her classic ivory white haori. Airi tucked her long white socks over her uniform pants and buckled her waist.

Just like every other day.

Throwing on sandals, she waltzed out of her bedroom, only to be met by a nicely wrapped bento box waiting for her on the coffee table in the main room.

Emi was cleaning the kitchen, noticing Airi's presence again. She was gaining confidence in her senses.

"I made you a meal for your journey, I hope it's good enough...I made it quickly, so..." Emi's sweet, featherlight voice trailed off as she spoke. 

"You're a sweetheart, thank you." Airi complimented, for she was truly grateful.

The caws of a familiar crow enveloped the Hanata Estate, grabbing Airi's attention.