𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐚

The two Hashira, and the special descendant of the sun stood next to each other, prepared to fight until they could not anymore

         The two Hashira, and the special descendant of the sun stood next to each other, prepared to fight until they could not anymore. The enemy, a tattooed, melancholic demon, stood a few feet across from where the trio stood.

"I may be a woman, but I can sure as hell cause some damage." Airi spat. She reached her palm to her forehead before looking at her hand once more. The crimson blood dripped delicately from her face down to her hand. Akaza's glare slightly changed, his soft smile dropping into a frown, when she mentioned being a woman.

"You seem pretty surprised about the injury there," Akaza mocked, "Are you sure you can keep fighting, darling?"

Darling. Giyū's eye nearly twitched from a sudden irritation enveloping his mind.

"You held back on me, I'm curious." Airi replied, her eyes glaring daggers that impaled into the demon. She coughed, blood dripping slowly from her lips. She wiped her lip with her thumb. Her use of her tenth form did not kill her, since she has worked on its full mastery; however, it still internally hurt her regardless. She bled out from the inside.

"That's only because of my philosophy, light pillar." Akaza smiled, his mouth closing into a lipped smirk.

"What philosophy could you possibly have? You want to brutally murder these two, and yet when I want to murder you, you hold back on me..." Airi trailed off, before realizing the demon's reasoning. When Airi released her Dance of the Gods, Akaza only defended himself and simply scratched her. He threw her off of him, with full opportunity to kill her right then and there. It all crashed like waves against the sand in her complex train of thought. 

Her eyes widened, and she let out a light gasp, "You're hesitant to kill me because I'm a woman."

"Took you that long to realize that?" Akaza cocked a pinkish brow, "You don't matter. I'm willing to have you be the exception."

"You— I'm just as feminine as the rest." Airi rebuked, fiddling with her golden blade anxiously, "You would be breaking your precious ideology if you tried."

"I don't have to kill you. I can immobilize you, break your legs, gouge out your eyes, and let you go... I can even kill your comrades right in front of your pretty, honey eyes." Akaza taunted, stepping forward toward the trio, "That wouldn't break my loyalty to her."

Her. He was a force to be truly reckoned with.

"Fine, have it your way. You can try to land a hit or two, but you will be the one to cross over." She hissed, flipping her blade with it's grip. By "cross over", Airi firmly believed that Akaza will die first. He will die first, without a doubt.

The room was filled by a quiet tension. No one made a sound, nor a move, for multiple seconds. Time was ticking slowly. The seconds were counting down until the next strike.