𝐱𝐱𝐢. 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"Oyakata-sama

          "Oyakata-sama..." Airi spoke, her tone very hushed to accommodate the small room.

At this time, the Master of the Demon Slayer Corps has taken a turn for the worst. Airi was keenly aware of his inescapable condition, for it was apart of his bloodline, but seeing it in person only broke Airi's heart.

"Airi, my child," He spoke through his bandaged eyes. His wife, Ubuyashiki Amane, was holding his hand as he lie out on a thick blanket. She was the one taking care of him, with such gentle and sweet care. Airi admired their relationship greatly, and she aspired to care for her future husband that way, too.

"I-I'm so sorry that you're not feeling well, Master." Airi kneeled next to him, and bowing. The man reached his hand up blindly. He pat her head lightly, and Airi could not help but feel tears peak through the brims of her amber eyes.

"Do not be afraid, for I will be with you," He replied, his voice as calm and intoxicating to her as ever, "I have a favor to ask of you."

Airi hummed in response, waiting for his question.

"You are the closest to Giyū, so I must ask you. My child has been distant from his comrades. I ask that you please talk to him, and try to let him know that he should not fight his battles alone. We need him with us."

"Of course, Oyakata-sama. I wish nothing but the best for him." Airi replied, letting out a quick exhale. She knew how distant Giyū was, but for the Master to talk to her about it was a whole different story.

"Thank you. That is all. I have spoken to young Kamado about it as well. You are dismissed." Kagaya told her. Airi could almost see the ghost of his smile.

"Thank you, Oyakata-sama. I wish nothing but happiness and healing for you and your family." Airi stood up, leaving the room.

"Airi." Kagaya halted the girl in her tracks.

"Yes?"

"You should tell him how you feel." He told her, before turning his head to face his wife.

Airi could not do anything, except widen her eyes.

——•——

"Need a towel to get rid of those waterfalls of sweat there, Tomioka-san?" Airi snickered, smiling warmly at the Water Hashira. She wasn't in her normal Demon Corps attire. Her hair was in two low buns with some loose hairs and a short black hakama.

Airi noticed Giyū's hair was in a high ponytail as he wore a separate navy blue and white hakama for training. He was in his personal dojo alone, training alone, doing everything alone. Airi despised how he isolated himself all the time. She was thankful that at least Tanjiro could also see through to him like her.