𝐢𝐢. 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐣𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲

"Is she awake?" A soft voice questioned, presumably to another individual

"Not yet. Come on girl, wake up already." The other voice whispered. A young Airi concluded that their voices were masculine. Airi noticed that one voice was trying to whisper, but they seemed unaware of how loud they actually were.

Her body ached and screamed for sustenance before her memories flooded back into her mind. Her attractive eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the sudden greetings of daylight shining through a small window. In front of her, two boys around her age were watching her.

Her eyebrows furrowed as one boy exclaimed, "She's awake! Hello strange, yet pretty female."

The other was timid and quiet, he just looked at her, his dark blue eyes shifting between his companion and her. The more "outgoing" boy gave her a warm smile, his gray eyes glimmering with passion and fervor.

Airi sat up, refusing to say much, for she did not know these two boys. Her body screamed in pain and she winced as the gray eyed, peachy haired boy took a hold of her arm, keeping her steady. She looked at him, thanking him with just her gaze. He seemed to understand.

The gray eyed boy looked at the long and dark haired boy, "Get Urokodaki-Sensei. Tell him the girl has awakened."

The timid boy nodded contently before leaving the room, his footsteps lighter than a feather. Airi looked at the boy facing her, cocking an eyebrow. She had no idea where she was, but guessing by the bandages that wrapped across her chest and onto her shoulders, she assumed that she was taken into good care.

She felt no emotion. The encounter with her possessed father has already begun to scar. The wounds are deep in her soul as her humanity was taken away from her that cold night.

She questioned in her mind why she cried red tears and how her father turned out to become such a monster. She didn't know anything. What was going on?

Before she could interrogate the pink haired boy, an adult man with a mask came through the door frame, the timid boy closely behind. The mask was similar to the one she saw in material and structure, but it was not the one she saw in front of her before she succumbed into fatigue.

The older man knelt down and sat cross-legged to the height of the futon that she had arose from.

He grunted before speaking, "How do you feel?"

Airi did not want to talk. She felt as if she didn't need to give him all the answers verbally. She knew that if she talked, she would break down in tears of mourning. She couldn't show any form of weakness, not now.