Chapter 35 - Break

I closed my door as fast as I could and threw my bag on the bed. 'Megan?’ Jessie opened the door   again and gently closed it behind her.
'Not now..’ I murmured before grabbing my phone and dialing the number I knew by heart.
'Megan, keep calm..’ She softly said. I shot her a glare before turning my back to her. 

'Babe, I’m at a meeting..’ I interrupted him. 'And I was supposed to be at a meeting, but things don’t go as we plan them!’ I snapped. 'Open the newspaper from Barca.’ 

I bit on my lip while locking my gaze at the sky. Maybe luck wasn’t ours because when things where finally looking good between us, there was something to fuck it up. After a minute or 2 I could hear a chair scraping. 

'Excuse me.’ He muttered to someone and I heard a door close softly. 'I swear to God, I’m not the father!’ I went with a hand trough my hair. 'How should I know?’ I snapped and I could hear him taking a deep breath. 'You have to believe me!’ I sighed. 

'Ney, did you have sex with her?’ I bit on my lip. We discussed it before, he answered that he didn’t do anything with her apart from kissing. 

'I … can’t remember clearly what happened that night.’ I swallowed. 'What? But you told me..’ He interrupted me by sighing. 'I know what I told you, but I didn’t dare to tell you. I drank to much and-' I cut him off by declining the call and laid it down on the table. I bit on my lower lip and got up. 

Jessie silently handed me the paper she just wrote. 'Is it okay?’ She quietly asked before walking over to the window. I started reading it but as I reached halfway I threw it in the bin. 'No, sorry.’ I sighed as I rested my head in my hands.
'I .. I think he needs to write it himself, I know that sounds selfish but it’s not my child, or well I’ll be a stepmom but that’s not the same..’ I muttered.
'You’re not hundred percent sure that he is the father, so..’ I cut her of. 'No, but he can’t recall the night.’ I shook my head. 'He told me they just kissed..’ I whispered. 'Jessie, what if..?’ I looked up and I felt tears rise up in my eyes. 

 'You’re a strong woman, you’ll get out of this.’ She softly said before hugging me and softly rubbed my back. 'I’m sure he wouldn’t do something like that.’ She murmured and I was hoping he wouldn’t

'He has been calling me the whole time..’ She muttered and I turned around so I could look at her. 'Who?’ She looked at me for a moment before returning her attention back to her screen.
'Neymar, I said to him a dozen times that you’re busy and don’t want to talk, but he just doesn’t want to listen.’
Her phone started ringing again and she shot me a look.
'See?’ She asked before declining the call and getting on with her business. I just shook my head before turning once again to focus on my paper.

I grabbed another bottle of water and took a sip of it while I walked with a steady pace trough Verona. I heard the echoing of my heels until I stopped walking. I turned around when I heard my name and smiled when I saw a a girl, probably in her teenage years.

'Megan Garcia, right?’ I nodded before pushing my sunglasses in my hair.
Her cheeks went a little red and she began stuttering. 'I-I can’t believe that it’s you!’ She said with a nervous, thick accent. I grinned. 'Well, it is!’ I took my phone.
'You want to take a picture?’ She nodded enthusiastically and fixed her hair. 'Oh, I should do that to!’ I said before going trough my hair with my fingers. 'Is it presentable?’ I asked as I looked at her. She nodded again and we took a picture. 

'Can I ask you something?’ She nervously asked and I nodded frowning. 'Can you sign my phone case?’ I smiled as I grabbed a pencil out of my bag. I did what she asked and she smiled. 'Thank you so much!’ I softly laughed. 'Anything for my fans, right?’

I yawned for the umpteenth time that evening as I stabbed my potato again with my fork. 'You’ve talked to him yet?’ I laid down my fork and shook my head for a second before cleaning my mouth. 'Maybe you should talk to him.’ Jessie stated and I looked up. As I wanted to answer I felt my phone vibrate and looked at the screen. 

 Megan, I miss you. I know you’re busy with all the things going on but we need to meet soon! I read an article about Jamie this morning, is it true? I hope it’s not, but I’ll read it in your next message I guess! 

Love <3

 I smiled before tapping on the screen so I could reply.

 Ari, I miss you to. It’s been so long! I’m currently in Verona, doing some shoots and Ney is with FCB in London, Chelsea. When I heard of it he reassured me that they didn’t do anything apart from a kiss but when I called him this morning he said he couldn’t recall the night.. I don’t know what to think, I think I’m going crazy.. I’m coming home in a few days so we’ll meet then!

Love <3

 'When do you want to fly back?’ She shrugged. 'When do you want to go?’ I smiled before shoving my plate a little further on the table. 'I wouldn’t mind to stay another couple days.’ She laughed.
'Of course you wouldn’t, that’s how I know you.’ She winked at me before grabbing both of our plates and walked towards the counter.

I couldn’t drift of to sleep that night and various thoughts came in my mind.
I decided to call Ney but after some attempts I decided to give up and just say something in his answering machine.
I took a deep breath before I began speaking. 

'Ney, I can’t do this anymore, not now. Every time things are going great between us something like this comes up and I’m tired of it.’ I swallowed and kept quiet for a second.
'I think it’s better if we take a break. I..’ I bit on my lip to prevent myself from crying. 'I’ll talk to you when I get home.’ 

I threw my phone next to me and buried my face in my hands. I felt tears roll down my face and couldn’t prevent myself from sobbing anymore.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my back and I looked up, shocked and Jessie sadly smiled down at me.

'Sorry, Meg.. I just thought that maybe you would need some support now.’ She bit on her lip and I hugged her as I softly cried in her shoulder. She softly kept comforting me until I looked back at her. 'Would you stay with him?’ She swallowed before she gave me an honest answer. 

'No.’

It didn’t feel like a break, it felt like the end.

-------------------

Oh, I hope you liked it! Please let me know what you thought of this chapter!
Thank you for reading! Love <3