Chapter 45. Strong

25 minutes later I was laying on a bed, wires connected with sticky patches to my belly and a woman with a very serious face searching for the heartbeat of our little wonder. After a minute with the doppler, looking for a heartbeat she excused herself out of the room to go and search someone else. Ney's hand never left mine and I could feel his sweaty palm pressing into mine. 

'Everything will be alright.' He whispered as he pressed a soft kis on my forehead.

His lips rested there until the door suddenly opened, the doctor that I went to for my check ups walked in to the room followed by the nurse that was searching for a heartbeat. 'Megan, Neymar.' She smiled a little towards us before grabbing the bottle of gel again.                                                                                                  'It's going to be a little colder again, which might be a little uncomfortable.' I nodded, showing that I understood her. I gently squeezed Ney's hand a little more than before as I took a deep breath.              'I .. Is it a bad sign that she couldn't find a heartbeat?' I softly asked, keeping my eyes on the doppler moving around. 'You haven't lost blood so that's a good sign.' She said, not answering my question and I knew what that meant.

 After another two minutes of searching she was about to give up when suddenly she heard a beep. And another. And another. I could feel tears rising in my eyes as her smile appeared back. 'Looks like we got a little fighter here.' She said as she smiled at us. 'It's a little weak, but that's nothing what rest and healthy food and vitamins couldn't solve.' She said as she got up from the little crutch she had been sitting on. She wiped the gell from my belly before tossing the paper in the rubbish bin on the other side of the room. 'I'll be back later to check up on you, for now Sara,' She looked at the young looking nurse next to her, 'Will take care of you.' I nodded. 'Thank you.' I softly said and as the door closed behind them Neymar softly began crying. 

 'Ney, it's okay..' I softly said, exactly understanding how he was feeling. His body was leaning over the railing as his face was pressed in the crook of my neck. 'Oh, I-I was s-so scared.' He stuttered as I could feel his tears dropping on the exposed skin.

'We didn't lose our miracle, she's a little fighter.' I whispered as I closed my eyes, my arm laying across his back as his breath became steadier again. 'You're okay?' I asked as he pulled away and taking my hand in his. He nodded, his cheeks still wet as I motioned for him to come closer. I wiped away the wetness from his cheeks and he gently smiled at my touch.

'It's a good thing that the season is done because I'm not letting you out of my sight for another second.' He softly said. He pressed a soft kiss on my belly before pulling down the fabric of my shirt back over it and covering it with a blanket. '

'Ney, you really don't have to be with me every minute of the day. You've got friends.' He shrugged. 'They'll understand, besides they can come over.' He said. 'Megan, I mean it.' His eyes flickered from my belly back up to my face.

'You know, we were supposed to go out for breakfast.' I casually mentioned. 'And now 2 hours later..' He chuckled before standing up. 'No funny business while I'm talking to the nurse.' He winked at me which earned him a slap against his butt. 'Hey!' I softly giggled. 'Go fetch us,' I stressed the us, 'Some breakfast or well lunch.' He rolled his eyes before walking out of the room, leaving the door open. I grabbed my phone from the nightstand to see tons of messages from people we knew. 

From very calm texts: 

 Please tell me this is a sick sick joke of the two of you.. 

 That wasn't you two going in to the hospital right? 

 Megan, is everything okay? Just a check up?

 To:

 MEG ARE YOU OKAY SWEET JESUS

O M G TEXT ME WHICH ROOM I AM COMING RIGHT NOW!!!!! 

 PLEASE LET US KNOW SOMETHING WE'RE SO WORRIED BABE 

 Needless to say I did smile a little to see that they cared so much about us.

I quickly responded to our close friends and family saying things as in:

Fell down the stairs, our little miracle is still here.. And in some messages I included my room number so they could visit me, or should I say us?

By the time I had responded most of them, Neymar still wasn't back so I decided to dump my phone on the little tray table next to the bed and closed my eyes. 

I could feel someone gently combing trough my hair, soft voices speaking trough the room. I sighed as I could feel the sleep eb away. 'How're you feeling?' I could recognize Ney's voice and smiled. 'I'm okay.' My eyes fluttered open to see the doctor standing there. 'He said you haven't eaten anything so I just called and they're bringing it up in a few minutes.' I nodded. 'Thank you.' She smiled.                    'I also had a little chat with a few colleagues of me because I wasn't sure how long to keep you here and we agreed that you'd at least should stay a few days.' I nodded again.                                                                'Just to follow everything up because it wasn't a little fall and that we couldn't immediately find a heartbeat is a sign that he or she was really weak.' She smiled. 

'That being said, I'm coming by again later. Have a good brunch.' She winked at me before exiting the room. 'Has your phone been blowing up with messages to?' I asked as I grabbed my phone and holding it towards him. He nodded as he grabbed my phone and unlocked the screen, knowing the code by heart by now.

He scrolled trough the messages, softly chuckling at some. 

'Well, a fact is that they sure care about us and little bean.' I smiled at his words and nodded. 'I'll bet some of your friends will come by.' I shrugged. 'It would be nice.' He softly giggled as he laid the phone back on the nightstand. 'Shall we update social media as in saying little bean and you are okay?' I thought about it for a second before nodding. 'Maybe we should.' 

 And so we did with the caption: After struggling for a while to find my heartbeat again, I made mamãe e papai very happy as I showed them how strong I was to fight back.Thank you for the support, we're okay!  

-----------------------

SOOOOO I hope I made you happy because I sure as hell made myself very very happy :) With summer break coming up I'll be updating more frequently :) I hope you enjoyed this update and are with it :)