Chapter 34 - Night Calls

I covered my mouth with my hand before yawning. I was patiently waiting for my boyfriend to pick up his phone but after the third call in half an hour I gave up. 

Instead I just sent him a message that said I missed him, loved him and wished him a good night rest which he could use with the stressful times ahead of him.

I rolled my eyes before tossing it to the side and turned off the lights in my empty room.

I was woken up by the ringing tone of my phone and felt around me to find my phone. After a few groans and sighs I found it. I pressed the green horn and kept it by my ear. 'Hello?’ I softly said as I  grabbed the blanket again and rolled myself in it. 'Did I wake you?’ I smiled a little while I closed my eyes. 'You did, but you can wake me up anytime.’ I murmured. He softly laughed and took a deep breath. 'We’ve only been away for 3 days and I already miss you.’ I inhaled sharply and opened my eyes again. 'I miss you to, just 4 more days..’ I said.

'96 hours.’ He stated. I looked at my clock next to the bed and smiled. '90 hours.’

His laugh sounded angelic as he kept on laughing. 'Oh, I miss your smart comments.’ 

'I miss your face.’ I sighed as I sat up straight.

'Oh, I miss yours to.' He said. 'I miss your eyes, your cheeks..' 

I giggled. 'My cheeks?' I could hear him laugh softly at the other side.

'Exactly, your cheeks. I love them, they're so pinchable.' 

 'Ney, what do I want to do with my life?’ I asked after a few second of silence. I gently bit on my lip.  'What do you mean?’ He asked. 'Well, you know..’ I swallowed. 

'I can’t be a model forever and then I’ll need to do something else.’ He chuckled. 'Meg, what on earth made you think about this?’

'I’m thinking about my future.. As individual, not as your wife.’ 

'Babe, I know I’ve said this many times before but I make enough money..’ I sighed. 

'Yes, Ney. But I don’t want to live of your money, I want to be myself and..’ I groaned. 'Leave it, I’ll work it out myself.’ I could hear some shifting on the other side. 'No, explain me.’ He insisted. 

'Ney.. I’m sure you’ve had enough babbling for the day and so had I.’ I muttered. 'Megan, it’s bothering you, clearly. Tell me, now.’ 

'People are calling me a golddigger, they always will. People will always call me those names but I just .. I feel like I’m just a model, nothing more.’ I swallowed. 'You mean more to me. You are you behind that cover, Meg, it doesn’t matter..-’ I interrupted him and snapped:’It does! It does fucking matter!’ 

'Where is this coming from?’ I could hear that he was trying to keep his voice down. 'I .. I read some comments and..’ I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. 

'I feel like I’m not good enough anymore, Ney.’ I softly said.

'Don’t ever say that again, you are more then enough. You may not be enough or perfect for them, but hell.. You are to me! I wish I could hold you and show you how much you mean to me.’ He said while I heard some shuffling again. 

'How did your shoot go?’ He asked, trying to take my mind of things. 'It went okay, we agreed that it was okay.’ 

'They should be happy you even take those things.’ He said a little annoyed which caused me to chuckle softly. 'I love you.’ I rested my head on my hand and smiled. 

'I love you to, a lot.’ 

'Did you tell anyone we’re engaged?’ I heard him laugh nervously at the other side. 'Does it matter?’ I shrugged but then realized he couldn’t see me. 'Uh, not really.. But did you?’ 

I looked at my nails before returning my gaze back to the view that I was admiring. 

'I did, sorry. Well .. They overheard me talking to my mom and well, sorry.’ 

'It’s okay, Ney. We should’ve told them soon anyway.’ 

I looked at the clock and sighed. 'I need to sleep, I need to get up in a few hours.’ 

I could hear him sigh too. 'Goodnight, honey.’ He softly said.

'Bye.’ I whispered. 

There was a silence for a few moments before he chuckled. 'I’m going..’ 

I sucked in my bottom lip and took a deep breath. '89 hours..’ 

The line went dead and I laid the phone down next to my head. I smiled while closing my eyes and drifting of in a new world.

I woke up rudely by Jessie hanging above me and grinning. 'Well, hi Megan Da Silva.’ I groaned and rolled over. 'Don’t worry, the whole world knows.’ My eyes shot open and looked at her alarmed. 'Excuse me?’ She smiled while nipping from her bottle. 'I think you and Neymar, or just you, should think about an official statement.’ I rested my back against the wall behind the bed. 

'No official statement, so they are still rumors for outsiders.’ She nodded. 'You don’t want to bring it out yet?’ I shrugged. 'Not yet, I want to enjoy my engagement right now without other people nosing in it.’ She softly laughed while throwing me a skirt and shirt. 'Well then, put it on and we’ll talk while we’re walking.’ 

A few curses and threats later I had come out of bed, showered, put on my clothes and exited the hotel we were staying in. My sunglasses were resting comfortably on my nose and my favorite purse was hanging on my shoulder. 

Soon journalists had figured my location out and they were back to asking annoying questions and taking pictures. I heard some engagement questions but I decided not to answer them.

The typical questions as: 'How long will you stay?’’ or 'Will Neymar join you?’ Were question that I was used to by now and I answered them freely. 'I’ll stay 3 or 4 more days and he won’t.’ I smiled before grabbing the coffee I got from Jessie and took another sip. 

'Megan, I think there is something you should read.’ She whispered in my ear before passing me her phone. As I read the headline I dropped my coffee and I couldn’t help but replay earlier memories.

Neymar’s one nightstand, Jamie, pregnant!

I felt my heart break.

-------------

I hope you enjoyed it! Please, leave some feedback!
Thank you for reading this story so far :)