Chapter 18 - Some things don't go as we plan them

Weeks flew by, time flew by and we didn't see each other that much anymore. Even though we always slept in the same bed and we woke up next to each other, it wasn't like in the beginning. 

We hadn't come out publicly about our relationship and it was funny they still didn't knew. Which was fine, because you couldn't expect that it would be the same. But soon Christmas was coming up and we decided we would spend our holiday in NYC, the city that had a special place in my heart. 

But as always in life things didn't go like we planned them.

I walked down the stairs while holding the handrail and watched my feet walking down the stairs.

'You're ready to-' Ney started his sentence but failed. His mouth dropped when he saw me. 'Woah, you look.. perfect!' I blushed while grabbing his hand. 'Thank you, you look good to.' I smiled up at him and breathed a kiss on his cheek. 

We would have dinner in a restaurant in town. Just a small place to celebrate we had vacation and we would spend a week in New York. 

'So, are you ready?' He asked with a smile. I nodded while grabbing his hand. 

'I think they will find out today..' He murmured. I shrugged. 'I don't care.' I grabbed my purse and my keys. 'I'm driving.' He softly laughed while I laid my keys back on the little tray. 'Okay than.' 

'You remember when we used to play football in my backyard and you always tripped over?' He grinned as he stroke the back of my hand with his thumb. 'Yeah, I do.. You would always laugh while I was crying..' I pouted. 'It was funny.' I shook my head. 'Funny to watch, painful to experience.' He smiled at me. 'Can you believe that we've been friends for so long?' I asked while looking at our hands. 'It's hard to believe, but yes.'

We held hands almost the whole time. I looked outside and looked around. 'It's beautiful, right?' He nodded. 'Almost as beautiful as you.' I blushed as I looked at him. He winked at me which made me grin. 

'Silly.' I chuckled while shaking my head. 'You want to go?' I shrugged. 'If you want to?' 

He nodded while smirking. 'I know what we can do next' I bit on my lip to not burst in to laughter. 'Good idea..'

While he paid I looked at my phone for a second and frowned when I saw that I had 3 missed calls from Ari and one from Rafa. I also had some messages. 'Ready to go?' I looked up to see Ney holding his hand up to me. I took his hand.

While walking to the car I couldn't stop thinking about the reason why they called me 4 times.

'Are you okay?' I looked at Ney and saw he was holding the door for me. I nodded and faked a smile. 'Yes, of course.' I got in the car and put on my seatbelt. 'Is there something wrong?' He asked while he got in. 'No, I just had a bunch of missed calls and messages. I'm a little worried.' He grabbed my hand while keeping his gaze on the road. 

'It will be fine. They probably just want to talk.' I grinned. 'Yeah, probably.' Although I wasn't fully reassured, I decided it could wait for a while.

My head was resting on his lap while we were watching television. 'What do you want to do tomorrow?' I smiled while tearing my gaze from the television. I looked up at him and shrugged. 'I don't know. What do you want to do?' He grinned. 'We could stay in .. And cuddle.' He wiggled his brows causing me to burst out in laughter. 'Just that or?' I winked at him causing him to grin even wider. 'Who knows..' My phone began ranging again as I groaned. I grabbed it from the table and sat up straight.