Chapter 11 - pressure

'Do I need to take you to the airport?’ I looked up to see him standing in the doorframe, freshly washed. 'No, it’s okay. Jessie is going with me, so..’ He nodded and waited a moment before joining me for breakfast. 'You want to say bye to Davi?’ I shook my head. 'No, it would be to hard.’ He nodded as he nudged me. 'Can you please give me the milk?’ I nodded as I reached over to give him the milk.

'Is it permanently?’ He asked while pouring some milk over his cereal. I looked at him as I bit on my lip. 'I don’t think so.’ He nodded. 'Your room will always stay empty, you know.’ I smiled as I took a bite of my sandwich. There was no need to say thank you because he knew I was thankful.

'How late is Jessie coming?’ I shrugged.

'Between 10 and 11’ He smiled as I took a sip of my juice. 'You’ll call me when you get there, right?’ I smiled. 'Yes, I will. I promise you.’

'You got everything?’ I nodded as Jessie went over all the things I needed one last time. I just stood there watching Ney as he took another sip of his water bottle. 'I’ll leave you two.. I’ll wait outside.’ I nodded as she grabbed my bag and took it outside. 'So .. This is it.’ I shrugged. 'For a while, Ney.’ He nodded as he spread his arms. 'Come here.’ I walked right in to his arms and buried my face in his neck. We stood there for a minute. It felt like it was the last time even though it wouldn’t. 'We’ll be fine. I promise you.’ He went with his hand trough my hair.

I grabbed his face with my hands as I kissed him. After a moment I released him. 'I needed to do that one more time, it could be the last.’ I whispered as I took my purse. 'I love you.’ I softly said before closing the door behind me.

That was it. I clearly remembered it, even though it’s been 3 months since our last face-to-face conversation.

We didn’t had a lot of contact anymore. We spoke around once a week or not at all. It was so hard to stay in touch with everyone because of the busy life I had here. I was constantly running from shoot to interview.

But life here wasn’t the same. I missed my life in Barca. This wasn’t the life I wanted, even though it’s a once in a lifetime chance and people would kill to be in my position. But I didn’t like it, I couldn’t get adapted. 

'Give it some time, those things just need time. You’ll adjust to this life.’ Jessie said. In the beginning I believed her, but now .. No, i would never adapt here.

But I was staying strong. I had to stay only 1 week in NYC anymore.

We were doing some advertorials and stuff to make the people used to me. I needed to be in their head-office a lot so they decided I needed to stay here.

But now that I was almost going home .. It was like a new world had opened for me, which also was true.

After 2 months, it got better. My homesickness slowly became less and I was happy here. Or I tried to at least.

The pressure that was on my shoulders was a lot more than I thought it would be.

I went on Twitter and scrolled trough some tweets.

*Just one week until we’re reunited! Can’t wait @neymarjr :)* I tweeted.

I smiled. I didn’t thought a lot about our kiss anymore and I bet he didn’t either. It kind of slipped by. It’s true what they say. Time really flies by. 

A while after my tweet I got a tweet back from him which made me laugh. *Yeah, I hope you improved your Fifa skills ;) Davi misses you and so do I! I miss your food to :( * I shook my head laughing. 'Miss..’ I looked up to see the photographer already standing there. 'Are you ready?’ I nodded. 'Yes’