Chapter 4 - Friends with benefits

I woke up by the ringing of my phone. 'It’s in his DNA, DNA..’
I groaned as I began feeling  at the bedside table. 'God, please..’ I held the phone by my ear as I sighed. 'Megan!’ Ariana yelled trough the phone. I heard a groan next to me and rolled my eyes inwardly when I realized she had woken up both of us. 'What’s wrong, Ari?’ Again she yelled trough the phone. 'Since when do you have a relationship with Neymar?’ I frowned. 'Relationship?’ She sighed exaggerated. 'Did you even check his Instagram, Meg?’ I inwardly cursed myself. 'No, hold on.’ I opened Instagram and looked at his profile. The first picture that I saw caused me to smile. This was probably the picture she was talking about. It had more than 10K likes, which was crazy!
When I took a closer look I realized it was the picture that he took last night.
But what he wrote about the picture made me even smile more. The caption was: *Taking care of my love <3* He loved to make people wonder. But I think he just loved to being flirty.

'You saw the photo?’ A raspy voice softly came from under the blanket. 'Yeah .. You should see the comments, Ney’ I bit on my lip as I saw messages coming in on my phone.
*I knew you were close, but that close? Did you sleep together? Did you do it? ARE YOU EVEN IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM? <3* I sighed. 'I know’ I smiled at his answer.
He really didn’t care what anyone thought.
Than I received a message from Rafaelle, Neymar his sister.
 *Are you finally in a relationship or still flirting? ;) Can’t wait to see you on saturday! DO NOT IGNORE ME* I chuckled at her message.
*Nothing happened :) He was taking care of me because I felt sick ;( I won’t Rafa <3*
I called Ariana back and swallowed. It was not flirting, it was innocent.

'So, are you together or not?’ I sighed at her comment. 'No, Ari, no. I would tell you, I promise. I was sick, he was just taking care of me’ She laughed at the other side of the line. 'Don’t bullshit me, Meg. You laid together, you were cuddling!’ I rolled my eyes as I threw the blanket of me. 'Shut up, we’re not together’ 
I hung up and threw my phone on the other side of the bed. 
'What’s wrong?’ I looked at Ney only to see that he was already up. 'Nothing’ I pushed a strain of hair behind my air and sighed. 'Ney, people are wondering .. What is going on between us and .. I’m worried that people will make up lies’ He made his way over to me and laid a hand on my back as he sat next to me. 'Meg, you’re special to me and I love you. You are my love, not in the way of a relationship but as friends, best friends. I’m sure we think about that the same, right?’ I nodded. 'Don’t worry about them, just .. Hold on, just be yourself. They are already doing those things.’ His phone rang as he looked at the screen. 'Hold on. I need to take this’ I nodded as he walked out of the room.

I ran a hand trough my hair. I still wasn’t feeling better and this didn’t do any justice. I walked into the bathroom and locked the door. I took a shower and felt a little better after that. The hot water relaxed my muscles and helped me to clear my thoughts. I wasn’t in love with him, but it still felt special. *My love*
It was really special, I didn’t know why. I woke up from my thoughts by my phone ringing. I saw that it was Rafaella and sighed.
'Megan speaking’ I could imagine that she was rolling her eyes. 'Megan, you know it’s me.. So, tell me everything..’ I told her everything, like she wanted. I told her why we ended up laying in the same bed. 'It is nothing special, believe me. Just friends’ I murmured as she softly laughed. 'Friends with benefits?’ I groaned. 'Rafa, leave it!’ She began laughing harder and after that the line went dead. 

We both sat on the couches in the living room. 'Is it okay if David and Sara are coming over?’ I nodded. 'Yes, I’ll be in my room’ I got up and he got up to. 'Why?’ I frowned. 'Well .. If you didn’t noticed, I still don’t feel okay. So if you excuse me’ I inwardly rolled my eyes as I began walking up the stairs. 'Why are you so upset with me?’ I turned around. 'Me? Upset? I don’t know. Maybe because all my friends are angry and constantly questioning me because of that stupid picture!’ I shouted and went into my room. I sighed. Yes, maybe I was over exaggerating but it wasn’t fun anymore. A lot of my friends were upset over the fact that *They knew from Instagram that we were in a relation*. We weren’t and it made me angry. It made me angry by the fact that nobody believed me that we were just friends, it made me feel stupid, because nobody believed me. 

I took the antibiotic and a pain killer.
I took a nap after that and woke up by the doorbell. 

I remembered David and Sara were coming over tonight. I walked into the bathroom and checked if I looked decent enough. I smiled to myself in the mirror to reassure myself and sighed after that.
I needed my best friend right now.
I needed Ariana. 

Jessie tried to call me earlier in the day but I wasn’t in the mood to talk to her so I just declined the call.
I walked downstairs as I was greeted by David and Sara. Neymar just decided to ignore me so I did the same. 'Sara, nice to meet you’ I smiled as I hugged her. 'Yes, hi!’ Her accent was thick and I grinned. I hugged David. 'Hi giant’ He laughed. 'Hi dwarf’ I also began laughing. They sat down and I smiled. 'Do you want something to drink?’
They nodded. 'Yeah, some water please’ I nodded as I began walking in to the kitchen. 'Can we please stop ignoring each other?’ The voice was soft. I looked over my shoulder and shrugged. 'If you want to’ His hand laid on my shoulder. I shrugged it of. 'Don’t’ I returned with 2 glasses and sat them in front of them. 'There you go’

We said goodbye and I closed the door behind them. I was about to walk up on the stairs as Neymar grabbed my hand.
'Why are you so angry?’ I faked a laugh as I shook his hand of. 'Why am I so angry?’ I tapped my chin.
'Oh wait! You embarrassed me in front of my friends? Nobody believes me if I say that we're not a couple’ It was his turn to fake a laugh. 'Embarrassed? Please, honey, I didn’t mean anything by it’
I fake smiled. 'And again, I can begin to explain to everyone that we’re just friends.’ He rolled his eyes. 'That’s it?’ I turned around. 'Yes, that’s it’ I murmured while walking up on the stairs.
'So, you’re just going to walk away?’ I turned around when I was at the top of the corridor.
'I asked you to keep it private, you didn’t do that. You just laugh at the comments and shrug it of! I have a reputation, Neymar! I can’t have people thinking we’re friends with benefits!’ I yelled as I shut my door. 'I have a reputation to! I just wanted to show people that I care about you, but clearly that doesn’t matter anymore!’ I heard a door shut and assumed he had enough of it. I groaned as I walked in to my bedroom.
The only thing I could think of right now was what a mess we made.