Chapter 21 - Stupid

'I'm going to kill him!' She spat as she pushed past Stefan. She threw her purse on the bed as she thightly embraced me.
'It will be okay.' She whispered in my ear as she sunk to her knees with me.
'I've read the article..' I bit on my lip as I looked at her.
'I don't think that Ney would do such thing..' I swallowed while looking at my hands.
'I don't think you can control your mouth if you're drunk..' I murmured.

'You don't trust him anymore.' She looked at me, wide eyed. 'What do you expect?' I failed when I tried not to roll my eyes. 'You expect me to go back to him, hug him, kiss him and tell him while some chick is telling people she slept with my boyfriend!' I took a deep breath while walking over to my bag. I grabbed a coat.
'Can you drive me?' I looked over to Stefan as I bit on my lip. He nodded.
Ariana glanced over to me, hesitating before asking: 'You're going to him, aren't you?' I looked over to her before nodding. 'He's going to tell me everything. I want to know if it's true what Jamie is saying..' She looked at her hands.
'And if it's true?'
I waited a moment before walking towards the door. 'In that case.. We're done.'

My coat was resting on my lap as I looked in the mirror of the car. 'I look awful.' I murmured while undoing my seatbelt. 'No. You don't..' Stefan said while turning towards me.
'Should I stay or..?' I shook my head. 'No, Ari is probably waiting for you' I winked at him before getting out of the car. 'At least you haven't lost your sence of humor.'

I looked around for a moment while resting my hands around the hot cup of tea.
'I did not do anything with her. I swear..' I swallowed while taking a sip.
'Except from kissing you didn't do anything?' He shook his head while his eyes remained on my face.
My fingers were folded around the cup. The warmth was pleasant.
'Ask Thiago.' I bit on my lip as I looked up to him.
'I know Thiago was there. I know he'll confirm your story but it doesn't change the fact that you didn't told me. What if those pictures were never taken? What if she never said those things? Would you've told me?' He slammed his fist down on the table. 'Of course I would, damn it! You don't trust me anymore?' He shouted while getting up. 'How can I trust you after what happened?' I shouted back while getting up to. My hands were resting on the table.

'How dare you! I am your best friend! I am your girlfriend and after everything you cheat?!' He shook his head while clenching his fists. 'I didn't cheat, I told you! I didn't want it to happen!' I faked a laugh. 'Shut up, Ney! You knew she wasn't -' 'Up to any good, yeah yeah.' He finished my sentence.

'But I apologized, I want to make it up. Please, I know it's stupid!' 

'You kissed! It's all over the news! And you knew she wasn't up to any good and still you leaned in! This is stupid. How stupid are you?' I yelled while slamming my hands down on the table causing the cup of tea to fall.
'I know it looks bad but..' I laughed. 'Bad? Oh boy, that's an understatement.' I bit on my lip while grabbing my coat again.
'I don't think we can work this out anymore.' I looked over at him. 'And I think you were right. We never should've got in to this relationship.' I softly said. A few tears escaped his eyes. 'How can I make this up to you?' I shook my head. 'Don't. Don't act like you'll make it up to me. You can't make me forget this, even if you didn't mean to do it. It's all over the news, it's so painful.. Don't make this harder than it is..' He made his way over to me while grabbing the coat from my hands. He threw it to the side as he grabbed me hands. 'You're one of the best decisions of my life. I'll make it up to you.. Please, give me another chance.'
'Ney, I don't know.. I don't know if it'll be like before and..' He grabbed my face in his hands. 'Give me another chance, please. Please, Meg..' His eyes were searching for mine. He hopefully looked at me. I lowered my eyes so I could look at our feet. 'Meg...' I swallowed while looking back up. The effect he had on me..

'One chance, just one chance. If you mess up this.. We're done.' I whispered.
I stood there with his arms around my waist for what felt like an eternity.
It would take time to adjust. It would take time for things to go back to how it used to be. But we would manage.

I returned to the hotel to get my stuff. Both Stefan and Ariana didn't understand in the first place why I got back with Ney, why I would even trust him after what happened and to be honest.. I didn't understand it either. If it was any other person, I would've just broke up with him and walked away. But Neymar wasn't just any person. He was my best friend, my true love, my soulmate.
Ariana wasn't happy that I was going back. I couldn't blame her because not an hour ago i was thinking about breaking up with him but he was worth it.

'Are you sure?' Ari bit on her lip as she grabbed my hand. 'I am, Ari.' She stroked the back of my hand with her thumb as she tried to smile. 'I don't want him to hurt you again..' I smiled as I pulled my hand away and embraced her.
'You're the best friend I could ask for. Thank you for everything!' She laughed as she squised my waist.
'He better not hurt you again 'cause then I'll kick his ass..' I grinned. 'And if Stefan hurts you..' She slapped my arm. she began blushing. 'I knew it!' She smiled. 'Yeah yeah..’
'So, does he likes you to?’ I frowned while letting her go. She shrugged. 'Well .. He’s going to France next week..’ I nodded as sign for her to go on. 'And he actually asked me to go with him.’
She bit on her lip. 'That’s cool!’ She nodded. 'You’re .. Happy?’ I began laughing. 'Ofcourse, I am you silly!’

'Should I take some extra shirts?’ I shrugged. 'It’s winter, I think you should take some extra hoodies.’ I murmured while grabbing some make-up from the table.

I felt his hands on my waist and cracked a little smile.
'I’m so happy that we’ll spend Christmas together.’ I rested my hands on his hands for a moment before turning around. 'I am to. I’m really looking forward to showing it..’ He planted a soft kiss on my lips. I couldn’t help but grin childishly. 

'We’ll work this out, fully. I promise..’
'But you never know what the future will bring.’ I whispered while hiding my face in the crook of his neck.
'No, I don’t. But I know I want to spend my future with you and I’ll do anything to make it come true.’